Author Topic: Image zooming  (Read 6286 times)

young

Image zooming
« on: March 09, 2006, 04:43:25 pm »
I have made a picture display in the client area of a window, then what can I do to zoom in/out a part of it. I got absolutely no idea, I don't know how to begin with.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Image zooming
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 04:50:35 pm »
A good place to start is google, or a general programming forum, for that matter.

In any case you should provide more accurate information even when asking at a general programming forum, because otherwise nobody will be able to help you.
I have made a picture display in the client area of a window
This can refer to half a dozen operating systems and another dozen toolkits.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

young

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 02:24:03 pm »
OK,  :P I thought zooming a picture was a general question.

well, I am  using wxWidgets, picture is in PGM format. Is there some basic steps of getting a picture zoomed?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 02:38:08 pm »
Hello,

You can have a look at this.

You might also want to try a library like ImageMagick.

Anyway, as Thomas suggested, a good place to start and find useful information/tools/libraries/etc. is google.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:38:53 pm »
young: The whole problem is that kind of questions do not belong to this forums.

Take a look at wxDC::SetUserScale, maybe that's of any help, but please, any further programming question not related to Code::Blocks itself post it in an appropriate forum, like here for wxWidgets questions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 02:41:15 pm by Ceniza »

young

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 12:50:31 am »
Thank you, guys. I'll put it there next time

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 11:04:05 pm »
This is a little bit offtopic, but does anyone else think we have a few too many forums?  I think fewer forums will make it easier for new users as well as making things easier to follow and keep some sections from dying off. Something like this instead of the current development sections:

Developement-  Talk about current version issues, the roadmap current redesign efforts etc.  Current "redisgn forums" would go here too.
Pluggins- Talk about everything pluggin related, there is really not enough traffic to warrant 3 separate forums for it
Feature Requests- Idea for new features/pluggins for codeblocks
Nightly Builds

And these for the users:

Anoucements- Just the way it is now
Help- Would combined current troubleshooting and install issues
Using Codeblocks- Combination of current windows and linux forums
General- combination of website and current off topic forum.

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 11:32:40 pm »
This is a little bit offtopic, but does anyone else think we have a few too many forums?  I think fewer forums will make it easier for new users as well as making things easier to follow and keep some sections from dying off. Something like this instead of the current development sections:

Developement-  Talk about current version issues, the roadmap current redesign efforts etc.  Current "redisgn forums" would go here too.
Pluggins- Talk about everything pluggin related, there is really not enough traffic to warrant 3 separate forums for it
Feature Requests- Idea for new features/pluggins for codeblocks
Nightly Builds

And these for the users:

Anoucements- Just the way it is now
Help- Would combined current troubleshooting and install issues
Using Codeblocks- Combination of current windows and linux forums
General- combination of website and current off topic forum.

Yes. I think that is a very good idea! :D