User forums > Help

Abbreviation plugin (auto completion) CTRL+J does not work under comments

(1/1)

ollydbg:
Hi, when I try to enter some date information in the comment, I try to press "CTRL+J" key, and I see nothing happens if the caret is inside a comment.

It works OK if the caret is in a normal code fields.

I think it is very common if some one want to add date information in the comments. Can you reproduce this bug?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS:
I see there are two ways to use the "Abbreviation plugin", first I type the "now", and after that, I press the "CTRL+J", and the "now" becomes the actual date+time text string.

The other way is that I press the "CTRL+J", and a suggestion list is pop up, and I continuously type the "now", and hit the enter, the actual date+time string is entered in the editor.

Pecan:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on April 20, 2024, 04:03:43 am ---Hi, when I try to enter some date information in the comment, I try to press "CTRL+J" key, and I see nothing happens if the caret is inside a comment.

It works OK if the caret is in a normal code fields.

I think it is very common if some one want to add date information in the comments. Can you reproduce this bug?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS:
I see there are two ways to use the "Abbreviation plugin", first I type the "now", and after that, I press the "CTRL+J", and the "now" becomes the actual date+time text string.

The other way is that I press the "CTRL+J", and a suggestion list is pop up, and I continuously type the "now", and hit the enter, the actual date+time string is entered in the editor.

--- End quote ---
Great find ! I didn't know that either.

ollydbg:
Maybe, some day, we need to publish some video tutorial about how to use those plugins.

Any way, it looks like currently, Abbreviation plugins works inside the C++ comments now, so I'm not sure why it did not work yesterday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version