User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Compiler Settings: limited to C++ 14 standard

(1/2) > >>

kakas:
I just found out that in the "Compiler Flags" section of the compiler settings, the c++ standard goes up only to C++ 14.
Thought I have latest gnu compilers installed.
It's the same with both nightly build(April 1st 2024) and stable release of CB.

blauzahn:
Strange. Nevertheless, you can always add flags (e.g. -std=c++20 or more warnings) in other compiler options.

I use cb under Linux only and have newer standards listed for years.

nenin:

--- Quote from: kakas on April 14, 2024, 07:38:09 am ---I just found out that in the "Compiler Flags" section of the compiler settings, the c++ standard goes up only to C++ 14.
Thought I have latest gnu compilers installed.
It's the same with both nightly build(April 1st 2024) and stable release of CB.

--- End quote ---
You can directly introduce any options supported by compiler in "Other compiler options". "Compiler Flags" is outdated and missing some important flags like "-march=x86-64-v2" [/b]

kakas:

--- Quote from: nenin on April 14, 2024, 11:47:27 am ---You can directly introduce any options supported by compiler in "Other compiler options". "Compiler Flags" is outdated and missing some important flags like "-march=x86-64-v2" [/b]

--- End quote ---
oh, I see
I wonder if this should be reported as a bug somewhere :-\

kakas:

--- Quote from: blauzahn on April 14, 2024, 08:13:10 am ---Strange. Nevertheless, you can always add flags (e.g. -std=c++20 or more warnings) in other compiler options.

I use cb under Linux only and have newer standards listed for years.

--- End quote ---
yea, I just used to ignore flags in tutorials/guides thinking I just have some outdated piece of software.

It might be just a windows thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version