User forums > Nightly builds

The 24 March 2024 build (13493) is out.

(1/3) > >>

killerbot:
We switched to gcc 13.1.0 (on 04 June 2023) --> download the new wx/mingw dll's see link below

Get the compiler we use here : https://github.com/brechtsanders/winlibs_mingw/releases/download/13.1.0-16.0.5-11.0.0-ucrt-r5/winlibs-x86_64-posix-seh-gcc-13.1.0-mingw-w64ucrt-11.0.0-r5.7z

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw32u_gcc_cb_wx324_2D_gcc1310-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls13.1.0.7z

The 24 March 2024 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2024/CB_20240324_rev13493_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 2.25.0

Resolved Fixed:

* Autorevision: fix git log query (ticket #1462, thanks kipade).
* Clangd_client 1.2.115 24/03/22 Support for clangd v18 additional "fixes available" and fix to avoiding duplicate responses. Thanks Christo.
Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Xaviou:
Hi.

OS X version of this rev can be downloaded from my website.
There is only a macOS-11.6 version.
Note that it is not a notarized version of the application.

32 bits version for Windows can also be found in the same place.

Debian Bookworm and Bullseye (32 and 64 bits) can be installed from my repo
The corresponding unsigned deb files can also be downloaded from the website page linked above.

Ubuntu-22.04 and 23.10 versions can be installed from my ppa

Regards
Xav'

nenin:
Error detected: when I tried to compile single file, does not matter through menu, tree or hot key, C::B tries to run library instead of compile it.
Win 10 64b.

eckard_klotz:
Hello Everybody.

It seems that this issue is the same as described in the following ticket:
https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/1467/.

I face temporarily a similar issue while building a single file. However by investigating the error-Output of Code::Blocks I came to the same conclusion as Miguel Gimenez:

* The initial root cause is crash of the compiler.
* MinGW 13.2.0 UCRT 64 published by MSYS2.
* running on Windows 10.

--- Quote ---[100.0%] x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wshadow -Winit-self -Wredundant-decls -Wcast-align -Wundef -Wfloat-equal -Winline -Wunreachable-code -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Weffc++ -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wmain -pedantic-errors -pedantic -Wextra -Wall -std=c++14 -pipe -mthreads -isystem C:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include -isystem ..\..\..\sources\tinyxml -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -IC:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include -I..\..\..\sources\KanjiNoKenkyuu -I..\..\..\sources\tinyxml -I..\..\..\sources\analysis -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase -I..\..\..\sources\view -I..\..\..\sources\view\symbol -I..\..\..\sources\view\tree -I..\..\..\sources\view\logging -I..\..\..\sources\view\dialogue -I..\..\..\sources\view\pictograph -I..\..\..\sources\view\pictograph\draw -I..\..\..\sources\view\description -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\symbol -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\symbol\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\description -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\description\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\pictograph -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\pictograph\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\association -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\association\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\template -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\template\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\label -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\label\command -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\font -I..\..\..\sources\dataBase\font\command -c C:\Project\Nihongo_Shiryou\SandBox\trunk\sources\view\dialogue\fnt_Dlg_FontCharacter.cpp -o obj\Release\sources\view\dialogue\fnt_Dlg_FontCharacter.o
In file included from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/13.2.0/include/immintrin.h:104,
                 from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/13.2.0/include/x86intrin.h:32,
                 from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/include/winnt.h:1658,
                 from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/include/minwindef.h:163,
                 from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/include/windef.h:9,
                 from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/include/windows.h:69,
                 from C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/include/winsock2.h:23,
                 from C:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include/wx/msw/wrapwin.h:46,
                 from C:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include/wx/atomic.h:45,
                 from C:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include/wx/sharedptr.h:14,
                 from C:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include/wx/dialog.h:16,
                 from C:\Lib\wxWidgets\3_2_4\include/wx/msgdlg.h:18,
                 from C:\Project\Nihongo_Shiryou\SandBox\trunk\sources\view\dialogue\user_out.h:20,
                 from C:\Project\Nihongo_Shiryou\SandBox\trunk\sources\view\dialogue\fnt_Dlg_FontCharacter.cpp:22:
C:/Tool/Development/MinGW/MinGW_13_2_0_MSYS/ucrt64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/13.2.0/include/avx512fp16vlintrin.h:753:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
  753 | }
      | ^
libbacktrace could not find executable to open
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source (by using -freport-bug).
See <https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/issues> for instructions.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 25 second(s))
1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 25 second(s))
--- End quote ---

You see in the lower part compiler-output mentioning a internal compiler error: Segmentation fautl. And the statement libbacktrace could not find executable to open does not means that Code::Blocks tries to start the lib created by building the single source. It means that a library used by the build-tool was not available.

This happens not with every build. Even I start the build again for a file where the build crashed before it succeeds with the next build.

What is irritating is the fact that the first part of the error-output is mentioning an error in the included headers what is misleading you if you don't recognize  that this is actually an issue of the compiler itself.

Even I agree that this is actually not caused by Code::Blocks, I wonder what has changed while the nightly 13456 (06.03.2024) and the nightly 13493 (24.06.2024) since I frequently used this build-suite 27.02.2024 for single file builds as well as for project builds and until the 13493 (24.06.2024)  I never faced this issue and I have not modified my build configuration.

I wish you all happy Eastern,
                                           Eckard Klotz.

Miguel Gimenez:
Ticket #1467 does not describe anything, so it is difficult to say if it is the same issue. I suggest removing your post from that closed ticket and creating a new  one.

I do not see any commit in the given range related to compiing, if the call to the compiler has not changed this may indicate a memory exhaustion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version