Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > CodeCompletion redesign

change the file name plugins\codecompletion\nativeparser.cpp to parsemanager.cpp

(1/2) > >>

ollydbg:
Hi, I think the file name and class name is not correct, and I want to change the file name from "nativeparser.cpp" to "parsemanager.cpp", in-fact, I have already comments in the header file:

--- Code: ---/** @brief NativeParser class is just like a manager class to control Parser objects.
 * Normally, Each C::B Project (cbp) will have an associated Parser object.
 * In another mode, all C::B projects belong to a C::B workspace share a single Parser object.
 * Nativeparser will manage all the Parser objects.
 */
class NativeParser : public wxEvtHandler, NativeParserBase
{

--- End code ---

I see the clangd_client already has the file name changes.

I think I can handle the cbp file changes, the class name changes, but I'm not sure how to change the auto-tools build system. Any dev can help with this? Maybe, I just need to commit the changes, and you can help to change the other build system files? Thanks.

ollydbg:
OK, patch file created, see attachment.

I have patches for all the cbp files.

Any objections?

stahta01:
You likely need to edit "src\codeblocks\src\plugins\codecompletion\Makefile.am"

blauzahn:
@ollydbg: I always find names like *manager rather nondescriptive, like *object, *system, *thing.

As usual: Naming is hard.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on February 19, 2024, 05:25:10 pm ---You likely need to edit "src\codeblocks\src\plugins\codecompletion\Makefile.am"

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tim.

I will modify this file and push all the commits with "- CC:" log message prefix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version