User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Strange crash

(1/2) > >>

Grit Clef:
Hi,
       I finished building a small wxwidgets program this morning, and then I closed CB. After several hours(now) I reopened it to do some changes. But it crashed. And that was strange! I was just looking  through an article while CB starting, to my surprise, CB suddenly told me it crashed. Then I retried to start it, (I can ensure that I did nothing this time during CB's start) but it crashed again as soon as CB's start page appeared.
      I use CB r13426, on a Windows 7 32-bit system.
      The RPT file is attached. Any solution?

Edit:Now I put my early backup of CB's conf file into the AppData directory, CB can work well.

Pecan:
Glad you got it working again.

This has, on rare occasions, also happened to me. Especially when I kill CB during a debugging session.
It appears to set the .conf file in a bad condition, thereby crashing CB on any restart.
I also just restore the .conf and keep on trunkin'.

The .RPT file, in this case, is useless because I can see no way to map the crash address to the causing function.

If you are compiling CB yourself, you can:
1) Backup output32_64.
2 Copy the devel32_64 dir to output32_64 dir so that the .RPT shows the actual source line that caused the error.

Thanks for the report.

Grit Clef:
OK, sometime I'll try to give you the debug rpt.

Grit Clef:
Hey Pecan!
       I've made CB crash again, with debug info! This time is, I clicked "Compile Current File" by mistake, and CB crashed after a short halt. I think this RPT file might contain the same info as CB generated that time it crashed at startup. Also, I'm always annoyed when it crashes right after I make CB compile/build some files/projects. Hope this rpt will give you much useful info.

Wkerry:
Can you reproduce the crash? If you used a debug build then the RPT is way more useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version