User forums > Using Code::Blocks

fasm using c::b works, but still some questions

(1/4) > >>

denimjeans2007:
Hi everyone,
first of all happy new year (yes, it is 2024, you need to update the verfication question for new users to 2025 :) )
I like CB very much and I am in favor using codeblocks as my IDE for FASM. (assembly)
Compiling works now as expected - after setup the user defined compiler.
I have used MASM as syntax highlighting, which does look to be working well.

But I have some luxury problems:

* Inellisense / codecompletetion does not work at all.  any chance to get this working for variables, declarations and commands
* in case of an error, I have no option to jmp via double click to the line where the issues occured
* Edit: Debugging possible? Currently using x64dbg with int 4 as workaround, which is fine btw
example error where I can see the line occoured, but no possibilty to jump stright to the line 595 for example  attached

thank you
DJ

EDIT: Command does seems to be working, maybe because of MASM

stahta01:

--- Quote from: denimjeans2007 on January 21, 2024, 01:34:02 pm ---
* Inellisense / codecompletetion does not work at all.  any change to get this working for variables, declarations and commands
* in case of an error, I have no option to jmp via double click to the line where the issues occured
--- End quote ---

I am willing to try to help with "jmp via double click to the line where the issues occurred".
Edit2: The codecompletetion is not within my knowledge, ability, and/or desire.

I will need example code with error and information about which version of FASM is being used.

Also, the information on how you set up the toolchain setting to use FASM.
Edit: The Code::Blocks version information is also needed.

The link I think is correct for FASM https://flatassembler.net/download.php

Tim S.

denimjeans2007:
Hi stahta01,

thank you.

reg the toolchain: I am simply using fasm.exe (lastest from  https://flatassembler.net/download.php), no linker etc. see screenshot below

I am using Code::Blocks SVN 13373 , Build Oct 15th, 2023.

Reg jump to the location where the error occured:
Basically any type of error, then as above you see the line number where the error occured

4 screenshots below (only 2 allowed per post as it seems, so look 1 more down for the next 2 screenshots)

denimjeans2007:
next 2 screenshots

stahta01:
I need example code that gives error.

I am setting up the newest version 1 of FASM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version