User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Support for OpenCL *.cl files

(1/3) > >>

cdavalillo:
I'm a happy user of Code::Blocks and I wonder if there is any support for OpenCL *.cl files as there is for glsl files? If there is such support please tell me where can use it. If not please tell me how to send that suggestion to the Code::Blocks development team.

Miguel Gimenez:
How do we support glsl?

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on January 09, 2024, 01:24:30 pm ---How do we support glsl?

--- End quote ---

glsl is normally a text file. We don't need to "support" or "compile" it under C::B's build system.

For me, I just drag the glsl file into the cbp, and consider this file as an external resource files, the file is loaded by my other shader classes.

ollydbg:
compilation - how to compile opencl project with kernels - Stack Overflow

I just looked at the above link, and found that .cl file is similar like glsl file, and C::B does not need to compile it.

cdavalillo:
No, I don't mean a compilation, off course you can compile applications for OpenCL using a compiler as NVCC. I mean with the syntax highlighting, I use Code::Blocks to edit GLSL files and when open it, it shows a c/c++ style syntax highlight with no error or whatsoever. But when I try to do the same with .cl files from where the kernels for OpenCL compiles it simply shows a black text full of errors  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version