User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Error building wxwidgets projects with GCC 13.2.0 in CB 13421

<< < (2/4) > >>

Grit Clef:
(Now I change to the official 3.2.4 release, headers and libraries) It's the same when I build from the command line.

--- Code: ----------------- Build: Debug in Error (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -Wall -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\include -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -c W:\Projects\Working\Error\ErrorApp.cpp -o obj\Debug\ErrorApp.o
g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -Wall -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\include -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -c W:\Projects\Working\Error\ErrorMain.cpp -o obj\Debug\ErrorMain.o
windres.exe -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\include -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud  -J rc -O coff -i W:\Projects\Working\Error\resource.rc -o obj\Debug\resource.res
g++.exe -LW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll -o bin\Debug\Error.exe obj\Debug\ErrorApp.o obj\Debug\ErrorMain.o  obj\Debug\resource.res -mthreads  -lwxmsw32ud_core -lwxbase32ud -mwindows
windres.exe: preprocessing failed.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 6 second(s))

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:33499: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `.'
{standard input}:40025: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `.'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 10 second(s))

Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 10 second(s))
3 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 10 second(s))

--- End code ---

Edit:
Now I can successfully build the project with Release configuration, but I can't run the generated program, because it cannot locate program entry point _ZnSt15basic... on libstdc++-6.dll.

Pecan:

--- Quote from: Grit Clef on December 31, 2023, 03:14:20 pm ---(Now I change to the official 3.2.4 release, headers and libraries) It's the same when I build from the command line.

--- Code: ----------------- Build: Debug in Error (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -Wall -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\include -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -c W:\Projects\Working\Error\ErrorApp.cpp -o obj\Debug\ErrorApp.o
g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -Wall -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\include -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -c W:\Projects\Working\Error\ErrorMain.cpp -o obj\Debug\ErrorMain.o
windres.exe -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\include -IW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud  -J rc -O coff -i W:\Projects\Working\Error\resource.rc -o obj\Debug\resource.res
g++.exe -LW:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll -o bin\Debug\Error.exe obj\Debug\ErrorApp.o obj\Debug\ErrorMain.o  obj\Debug\resource.res -mthreads  -lwxmsw32ud_core -lwxbase32ud -mwindows
windres.exe: preprocessing failed.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 6 second(s))

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:33499: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `.'
{standard input}:40025: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `.'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 10 second(s))

Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 10 second(s))
3 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 10 second(s))

--- End code ---

Edit:
Now I can successfully build the project with Release configuration, but I can't run the generated program, because it cannot locate program entry point _ZnSt15basic... on libstdc++-6.dll.

--- End quote ---

I had this problem once (this year) and it was because I had multiple (conflicting) compiler directories in the systems path used to invoke the compiler and linker.

killerbot:
in the coming week I might also switch to this compiler set to build CB nigthlies, in case I also have issues I will report back here.

Grit Clef:
It seems not that case. I've cleaned all the other compiler setups in my path, but I get the same errors...
Perhaps I will be only able to use gcc 13.1.0...

stahta01:
Does this path exist "W:\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.2.4\lib\gcc_dll\mswud"?

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version