Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

[solved] What are the possible reasons those plugins are much larger?

(1/2) > >>

wtfisgoingoff:
I built C::B by this guide https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows
Everything seems fine, C::B runs fine. But when I tried to send it to others, the compressed package is much larger than official nightly build. Then I found those plugins built by myself are much larger.(attached)So, what I might have wrongly done ?

stahta01:
The most likely is you are not striping the binaries right.

From an command prompt (cmd.exe) window run.

--- Code: ---where strip

--- End code ---

If strip is not in the PATH you will get this.

--- Code: ---INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

--- End code ---

Tim S.

wtfisgoingoff:
Thx a lot, problem solved. :)
I read a guide that says MSYS2/xxxx/bin should  not be in PATH. And I followed it.  So when I ran that update32_64.bat, strip was not in PATH.(BTW if I run update.bat in CLI  rather than double clicking it, I should have found this problem.)

stahta01:
Having sh.exe in the path while building wxWidgets will cause the build to fail.

Tim S.

--- Quote from: wtfisgoingoff on December 25, 2023, 05:30:54 pm ---Thx a lot, problem solved. :)
I read a guide that says MSYS2/xxxx/bin should  not be in PATH. And I followed it.  So when I ran that update32_64.bat, strip was not in PATH.(BTW if I run update.bat in CLI  rather than double clicking it, I should have found this problem.)

--- End quote ---

PB:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on December 25, 2023, 06:10:09 pm ---Having sh.exe in the path while building wxWidgets will cause the build to fail.

--- End quote ---
This should be avoidable with a SHELL build parameter, e.g.

--- Quote ---mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 BUILD=release SHELL=cmd.exe
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version