Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Can someone guide me through one of the steps of this tutorial...?

(1/2) > >>

caffycaffy4414:
Hello, I have gone onto a tutorial. (I am a total newbie, I started today).

https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Creating_a_new_project

When that page above states 'Returning to the main source (main.cpp) include the header file and replace the cout function to match the new setup of the project.

main.cpp'

I do not understand it that bit... please can someone just explain that step for me? I.e. what I do. I have followed every other step and I do not achieve the end result, like the tutorial states.

A little help please for a newb?

Thanks.

caffycaffy4414:
PS if this post is in the wrong place, please inform me and tell me where I need to put it, and I will move it, or a mod can move it but please let me know. Thank you.

Miguel Gimenez:
This board is only for C::B development, you should use "Using Code::Blocks".

Stop the tutorial when arriving to Changing file composition, get familiar with this basic project (modifiy, add code...) and get back to the tutorial when you are more experienced.

plonkarchivist:
Locate the main.cpp file:
Find the file named main.cpp in your project. It's likely a source code file where the main logic of your program resides.

Include the Header File:
Look for an instruction or mention of a specific header file to include. It might look something like #include "filename.h". Add this line at the top of your main.cpp file, typically below any existing #include statements.

For example:

#include "your_header_file.h"
Replace the cout Function:
The instruction might be asking you to modify the cout function or replace it with something else. Look for a line in your main.cpp file that uses cout to output something to the console. Replace or modify this line according to the instructions.

For instance, if the original line is:

cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;
And the instruction suggests a change, you might modify it to something like:

customOutputFunction("Hello, New Setup!");
(Note: The actual changes will depend on the specific instructions given in your tutorial.)

Save the Changes:
After making these modifications, save the main.cpp file.

Build and Run:
Depending on your development environment, you might need to build or compile your project. After that, run it to see the effects of the changes you made.

Wkerry:
BOT, the development environment is CB!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version