Author Topic: Right Click -- Open #include file results in 'Not found: <>' for many headers  (Read 2286 times)

Offline nore

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hi there,

I have been using codeblocks for about three months now and have been progressing quickly within the IDE. I have had little issues compiling and enjoy the IDE very much. However, during some experimentation today with wxWidgets I decided to go digging in some header files including <chrono> and <memory>, but the compiler quickly reported to me that these header files were not found. Now, this issue came up as rather strange to me because I have had no issues compiling programs with these header files over the past weeks; and I knew that codeblocks for whichever reason did not open these header files -- I figured more of the settings needed information. Anyway, I am using an external installation of MinGW and have tried pointing to the various folders at 'C:\mingw64\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include' but the IDE still cannot find the header files. I am in particular need of these files at the moment, and so help would be very much appreciated.

Offline nore

Does anyone know of a solution for this on Windows 11?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline cbuser1

You might find those std files under
C:\mingw64\include\c++\13.1.0

Try setting your search directories to C:\mingw64\include or your toolchain executables to C:\mingw64

Maybe the reason you were able to compile is because gcc comes with builtin paths relative to the executable.

Offline nore

https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(errors)#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F
You might find those std files under
C:\mingw64\include\c++\13.1.0

Try setting your search directories to C:\mingw64\include or your toolchain executables to C:\mingw64

Maybe the reason you were able to compile is because gcc comes with builtin paths relative to the executable.

These answers fixed the issue quite simply. I can now browse header files with ease. On a side note: what is the "bits" folder?