Author Topic: What does this debugger output mean?  (Read 3709 times)

Patrick

What does this debugger output mean?
« on: April 08, 2023, 05:36:14 am »

-------------- Build: Debug in trial (compiler: GNU Fortran Compiler)---------------

mingw32-gfortran.exe -Jobj\Debug\ -Wall  -g     -c J:\codeblox\TrialOne\trial\main.f90 -o obj\Debug\main.o
Execution of 'mingw32-gfortran.exe -Jobj\Debug\ -Wall  -g     -c J:\codeblox\TrialOne\trial\main.f90 -o obj\Debug\main.o' in 'J:\codeblox\TrialOne\trial' failed.

-------------- Run: Debug in trial (compiler: GNU Fortran Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: J:\codeblox\TrialOne\trial\bin\Debug\trial.exe

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: What does this debugger output mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 05:54:48 am »
My best guess you are missing mingw32-gfortran.exe; likely because MinGW FORTRAN was not installed or the toolchain is not configured correctly.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 06:09:48 am »
My full rebuild log using MSYS2 MINGW64 environment.

I had to edit toolchain to use the correct FORTRAN exe of "x86_64-w64-mingw32-gfortran.exe" from default of "mingw32-gfortran.exe".
This is because my GCC FORTRAN installation does not have the normal "mingw32-gfortran.exe"; but, the error did not match your error.

I am using Code::Blocks svn-r13215 that might be why the error was different or your error is not because the exe was missing.

Tim S.

Code
-------------- Clean: Debug in testfortran (compiler: GNU Fortran Compiler)---------------

Cleaned "testfortran - Debug"

-------------- Build: Debug in testfortran (compiler: GNU Fortran Compiler)---------------

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gfortran.exe -Jobj\Debug\ -Wall  -g     -c H:\devel\cb_projects\test\testfortran\main.f90 -o obj\Debug\main.o
f951.exe: Warning: Nonexistent include directory 'obj\Debug\' [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gfortran.exe  -o bin\Debug\testfortran.exe obj\Debug\main.o   
Output file is bin\Debug\testfortran.exe with size 119.62 KB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
0 error(s), 1 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

bettyenolan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 04:47:47 pm »
OpenGL has a feature called Debug Output that helps debugging and improving OpenGL programs simpler.

In a nutshell, this functionality offers a way for the driver to send text message data back to the application. Additionally, it offers a way for a program to add its own debugging messages to the stream and annotate GL objects with names that are human readable.