User forums > Using Code::Blocks

How can I disable compiler check on startup?

(1/3) > >>

mariusm:
C::B loading slow on startup, how can I speed up? I disable some plugins but still loading slow.

I see, C::B check the compiler on startup, maybe this is the problem.

Pecan:

--- Quote from: mariusm on March 01, 2023, 09:08:53 am ---C::B loading slow on startup, how can I speed up? I disable some plugins but still loading slow.

I see, C::B check the compiler on startup, maybe this is the problem.

--- End quote ---

What OS? Windows, Linux, Mac ?
If Windows and you're using a virus checker, try excluding CodeBlocks folder from the virus checker.

mariusm:
Windows, version 20.3 in fact all versions loading slow on startup compared to other programs like, e.g. Visual Studio

It's not from another program, it's from C::B, execute some useless jobs on startup.

Nor do I have virus checker or other.

Pecan:

--- Quote from: mariusm on March 01, 2023, 09:56:22 pm ---Windows, version 20.3 in fact all versions loading slow on startup compared to other programs like, e.g. Visual Studio

It's not from another program, it's from C::B, execute some useless jobs on startup.

Nor do I have virus checker or other.

--- End quote ---

Exactly from where did you download CodeBlocks?
Can you be more specific. What do you mean by

--- Quote ---It's not from another program, it's from C::B, execute some useless jobs on startup.

--- End quote ---

Can you give us the exact steps so that we can re-create the problem?
Do you actually have a compiler that CodeBlocks can use?

You might want to look here
https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,25302.msg172433.html#msg172433
and download a more recent version.

stahta01:
FYI: At one time the compiler detection feature wasted a lot of time for me on startup. I thought this was fixed.
Once I set a compiler path for all the compilers, it wasted less time.
Note: The path did not have to be correct except for the default compiler and any one you use.

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version