Author Topic: Forms.. like delphi, vb, etc..  (Read 4516 times)

SolidNuts

Forms.. like delphi, vb, etc..
« on: February 14, 2006, 02:09:38 pm »
Hi. =]
First, sry about my bad english xD
Well.. i want to make forms in my application, i'm newb to cpp, so i need a little bit of help..
I have ResEd from RADAsm to make resources, i made a form, and saved .rc file in my application's paste.
What to do next? I have no ideas of what to do.. i know i need link it to the project, but how? And how to make functions for buttons, edits, etc?

I'll be waiting for an answer.
Thanks! =D

PS.: I'm looking wxWidgets here, is it the same way to do forms for it ?

PS.edit.: No more errors with wxWidgets, i changed msgdlg.h and platform.h from "wx/setup.h" to "wx/univ/setup.h";
Now another: ld.exe can't find -lwxmsw26
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 03:00:57 pm by SolidNuts »

saulij

Re: Forms.. like delphi, vb, etc..
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 04:46:41 pm »

PS.edit.: No more errors with wxWidgets, i changed msgdlg.h and platform.h from "wx/setup.h" to "wx/univ/setup.h";

I have same problem, i do not know what to do? Did you find the solution to this problem?

Sauli

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Forms.. like delphi, vb, etc..
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 05:13:18 pm »
Hi. =]PS.: I'm looking wxWidgets here, is it the same way to do forms for it ?

RC files won't do for wxWidgets, sorry. But you can use the excellent wxSmith RAD tool which creates XRC files (and everything else you need). It is in the contribs folder.

Regarding "ld.exe can't find -lwxmsw26", you have to actually have that library available. "Have available" means
a) it must exist (you must have built it yourself or installed from a DevPak)
b) the linker must be able to find it (so make sure you have added the correct linker path)

It is quite easy to build wxWidgets if you follow the "building Code::Blocks" instructions. You can use the monolithic wxWidgets library you get from that. If you want a non-monolithic build, that is possible too, although not without modifying the project (so, to keep things simple, forget that for now).

P.S.: Did you check your PC for the W32/Nyxem-D virus recently?

EDIT: One way (often the most preferrable way) to get the linker path right is to set a global user variable to the directory where you unpacked wxWidgets. The standard wx templates coming with Code::Blocks are thougth to be used that way. Set that variable correctly once, and you never have any problems again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 05:17:55 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."