User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Why do all my .cpp files take 5 seconds or longer to compile

(1/3) > >>

speedreadersteve:
They used to take only 1 second or shorter, but ever since I compiled a 500+ line file - mostly of comments and ~200 lines code, a lot of statements in main() - it's taken a consistent 6 seconds.  This adds up when I'm debugging with print tests.

I'm using v20.03

stahta01:

--- Quote from: speedreadersteve on February 01, 2023, 05:43:38 am ---They used to take only 1 second or shorter, but ever since I compiled a 500 long file - mostly of comments and ~200 lines code, a lot of statements in main() - it's taken a consistent 6 seconds.  This adds up when I'm debugging with print tests.

--- End quote ---

Single source file project or more than one "C" or "C++" file?
If more than one, using an pre-compilied header might help.

If only one file, I would look to anti-virus or try defragging the harddrive (Note, that is if you are still using an normal hardrive; I am not sure if Solid State Harddrive is a good idea to defrag)

Tim S.

speedreadersteve:
I look at workspace and it contains nothing.  Every file is by itself. 

I'm new to programming, so I'm not too familiar with setting up projects or what they look like.  I always just start a new file rather than a new project, since I was more interested in learning the language than the platform.  The platform of codeblocks just looked simple enough for my needs.

BlueHazzard:
Anti virus scanner?
Other processor load?
a build log? (https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F )

speedreadersteve:
"Anti virus scanner?
Other processor load?
a build log? (https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F )"

Broken link on my end

Here's a build log

Set variable: PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\dotnet;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient;A:\Apps\SocketeQ\windowsandroid_root\system\bin;A:\Apps\SocketeQ\windowsandroid_root\system\lib;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\atom\bin;C:\Users\User\.dotnet\tools'

My two cents - It seems to be rebounding through a lot of C:drive paths, though I don't know why.  Shouldn't it just check a c++ compiler directory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version