Author Topic: How to use clangd code completion plugin (beginner's question sorry)  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Elena

• Multiple posting newcomer
Not quite a beginner but one is not supposed to know everything lol
Recently I opened ticket #1350 complaining of a bug with namespaces (an *actual* bug) with the default code completion plugin - which for me was widely enough if it weren't buggy.

I was pretty dismissed with the point that the stock CC is old, surpassed or kind of, that it's known to be buggy etc. and I was suggested to use the clangd CC plugin instead.
But I can't manage to enable it !

I am using latest NB (windows with mingw) but there I was said not to use the NB version of the plugin (?)

If I enable it, I see a sliding popup complaing that clangd client is inactive and to restart CB after setting the compiler and disabling the default CC plugin (which I have disabled already).
I tried every way without luck.

Perhaps I need the whole clang package installed for it to work ? What else ? Sorry I know I may sound stupid but I can't afford to spend hours googling around and trying to figure out how to enable it ! I know nothing of clang btw. Thx

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: How to use clangd code completion plugin (beginner's question sorry)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 02:36:02 pm »
There is a detailed setup procedure in the wiki, you can skip the installation of  clangd_client as it is now integrated in C::B.