Author Topic: The 22 January 2023 build (13159) is out.  (Read 5502 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 22 January 2023 build (13159) is out.
« on: January 22, 2023, 10:45:03 am »
We switched to wx 3.2.1 (on 01 October 2022) --> download the new wx dll's see link below

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw32u_gcc_cb_wx321_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 22 Januari 2023 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2023/CB_20230122_rev13159_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 2.23.0

Resolved Fixed:

• CodeCompletion plugin: fix #1344 by adding extra compiler paths (thanks zetab007)
  • wxSmith: Prevent wxFlexGrisSizer from showing asserts when editing
  • modernise/update crash handler dll (exchndl) from v0.9.7 to v0.9.9 (Windows only change)
  • updated user manual (downloads and webpage) - special thanks to gd_on!
  • applied (slightly modified) patch #1354: A new lexer for '*.po' files (thanks LETARTARE)
  • several clangd_client improvements

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 22 January 2023 build (13159) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 12:09:41 pm »
    Some funny use case of codeblocks just found on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/comments/10i1lvx/i_hear_you_guys_like_large_files_i_raise_623000/

44MB main source file  ;D, here you see we have to calculate with everything
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 12:15:19 pm by BlueHazzard »

Offline MaxGaspa

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 08:15:14 pm »
    Dear All,

It seems that the "Todo" capability is no longer working. Any "TODO" added in a source file is not reported in the TODO panel, even with a refresh before and after saving the file. A simple example is attached.

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 09:08:19 pm »
    Hi.

Debian build failed : here are the last build lines:
    Code
    dh_lintian -pcodeblocks-contrib-common 
    dh_bugfiles -pcodeblocks-contrib-common
    dh_install -pcodeblocks-contrib-common
    dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/share/codeblocks/codesnippets.zip" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: codeblocks-contrib-common missing files: usr/share/codeblocks/codesnippets.zip
    dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/share/codeblocks/images/codesnippets*" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: codeblocks-contrib-common missing files: usr/share/codeblocks/images/codesnippets*
    dh_install: missing files, aborting
    make: *** [/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk:251: binary-install/codeblocks-contrib-common] Error 25
    dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: fakeroot debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2
    debuild: fatal error at line 1182:

Regards
    Xav'
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 11:39:08 pm »
    Dear All,

It seems that the "Todo" capability is no longer working. Any "TODO" added in a source file is not reported in the TODO panel, even with a refresh before and after saving the file. A simple example is attached.

Can you please create a ticket on source forge for this?

Offline MaxGaspa

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 12:27:33 am »
    Can you please create a ticket on source forge for this?

Done (1364). I also opened 1365 related to the global compiler option.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 05:09:08 pm »
    Hi.

Code
    dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/share/codeblocks/codesnippets.zip" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: codeblocks-contrib-common missing files: usr/share/codeblocks/codesnippets.zip
    dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/share/codeblocks/images/codesnippets*" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: codeblocks-contrib-common missing files: usr/share/codeblocks/images/codesnippets*
    make: *** [/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk:251: binary-install/codeblocks-contrib-common] Error 25
    dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: fakeroot debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2

Regards
    Xav'

Thanks; I'll fix it today. (2023/01/23)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 01:20:41 am »
    Hi.

Code

Regards
    Xav'

@Xav
    I think I've corrected the problem with debian build of CodeSnippets contrib plugin.
    But I'm a "trial and error " guy when it comes to the linux autotools. And I'm ignorant when it comes to building a linux distribution.
    The mods I made do, at least, build with ./bootstrap, ./configure and make. I don't know about install. I'm a coward when it comes to installing on linux.
    Fixes are in Head rev 13161.

The problem occured because I removed an old unused resource dir but tried to keep only the codesnippets.zip file.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 01:23:51 am by Pecan »

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 10:55:34 pm »
    Hi.

Code

Regards
    Xav'

@Xav
    I think I've corrected the problem with debian build of CodeSnippets contrib plugin.
    But I'm a "trial and error " guy when it comes to the linux autotools. And I'm ignorant when it comes to building a linux distribution.
    The mods I made do, at least, build with ./bootstrap, ./configure and make. I don't know about install. I'm a coward when it comes to installing on linux.
    Fixes are in Head rev 13161.

The problem occured because I removed an old unused resource dir but tried to keep only the codesnippets.zip file.
    Quickly tested rev 13161 : all seems to be ok.
    Thank you.

Regards
    Xav'
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/