User forums > Help

wxSmith Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

gd_on:
this :

--- Code: ---C:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include/wx/platform.h:159:10: fatal error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory
  159 | #include "wx/setup.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~

--- End code ---
suggest that the path to this setup.h is not set correctly.
This file is normaly built when you build your wxWidgets dll and is located in C:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu\wx (for a non debuging, unicode wxWidgets build).
So, include C:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu in your compiler search path.
For a debuging, unicode wxWidgets, maybe it's mswud and not mswd...
Note that thiis setup.h is moreless a copy of the generic setup.h found in C:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include\wx\msw, but adapted to your specific generated library.

Frank_CB:
Nothing in Codeblocks window indicating errors.

Made entries, or edited, entries in Build Options Search directories and Linker. Was able to build both debug and release versions, both showing an empty dialog. But still no selections under standard tab. Changed to advanced tab and selected the calendar button and placed it in the .wxs panel. Built both debug and release versions again,  with a calendar showing up in the output. Still nothing in the Codeblocks window indicating errors. Still nothing under the Standard tab.

@gd_on, @Miguel Gimenez:
Thank you. Your comments were enlightening.

Regards.

gd_on:
Frequently, when I work with wxsmith and modify something in the interface, I see that when I build the program that the wxs file is not saved automatically before the build: the name of this wxs file has still an * appended. No such problems with .c, .cpp or .h files. So, before generating, I systematicaly save explicitly the wxs file (right click on the tab and save).

rts2003:
Have you try following this video?

Frank_CB:
Still experiencing problems with wxSmith's tutorial 'Hello World'. Can substitute a Calendar item from the advanced tab and that allows me to complete the tutorial. C::B now has 10 tabs in the .wxs window where as the tutorial only shows three. The standard tab has no buttons now where the tutorial showed 12+ buttons. Where have the standard buttons gone? I just downloaded the last nightly ( r13107) and that is also missing it's standard buttons. SVN r13149 still hasn't found the missing buttons. Is this a bug or have the missing buttons been redistributed to the seven new tabs?

@rts2003:
Yes,  i  did watch it and saw the Hello World window displayed. Both the tutorial and version of C:B were probably older than the ones I am trying to use.

Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version