Author Topic: Documentation for C::B configuration  (Read 1874 times)

Offline mirai

• Multiple posting newcomer
Documentation for C::B configuration
« on: December 16, 2022, 07:06:48 am »
Is there a decent documentation for the contents of C::B configuration *.ini files, especially CDATA sections, other than C::B source code?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Documentation for C::B configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 07:30:22 am »
I haven't see such document.

The C::B configuration file is normally xxxxxx.conf file, and it is actually a XML file. So, read the CDATA is just reading a section from XML file.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline mirai

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 08:19:52 am »
Sure, it's an XML default.conf file, right.
I've been looking for a stored compiler/debugger etc. configuration, including such for user-defined tools. Is it even there? Am I looking at a wrong place?

At first glance CDATA contents look like a key=value storage with semicolon separators and for some reason also 2nd kind of separators '|' (sub-section?).
Well, if that's all, we can live with that, but what is the meaning and constraints of variables packed inside these records?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 08:55:40 am »
If you search the "CDATA" keyword in C::B's source code, I see there are many option_xxx.xml inside the compilergcc plugin.

There "CDATA" just define many Regular expression to catch the specific text patter returned from the many different kinds of compiler command line.

I don't see there are many key=value storage in the "CDATA". I mean "CDATA" can generally store text strings, see: What does <![CDATA[]]> in XML mean? - Stack Overflow
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.