User forums > Using Code::Blocks

missing wx/setup.h

(1/5) > >>

bdad:
codeblocks 20.3 has choices for versions of wxWidgets 2.6, 2.8, 3.0, 3.1  . I've recently installed version 3.2.1

I am getting an error when compiling - can't find wx\setup.h   I've found solutions for earlier versions of codeblocks/wx, but nothing more recent than about 2014, iirc, and they seem to not work.

Is there a detailed installation guide for installing wx, and simple beginner's setup/usage, I've not found anything recent? Am I right in thinking that I need to install a copy of wxWidgets that matches one listed in the codeblocks ide?

--- Quote ---R:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include\wx\platform.h|159|fatal error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory|
||=== Build failed: 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 5 second(s)) ===|
--- End quote ---

stahta01:

--- Quote from: bdad on December 10, 2022, 10:43:54 pm --- Am I right in thinking that I need to install a copy of wxWidgets that matches one listed in the codeblocks ide?

--- End quote ---

No, unless you wish to build Code::Blocks (CB) or CB Plugins the version does not need to match.

The wxWidgets library does almost always need to be built with the Compiler you are going to use.

Link to offsite directions https://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47233

Tim S.

bdad:
Thanks for the link. At first glance it looks a bit more complicated than 'install and run'. I'll see how it goes. At least it seems to be pretty much up to date.

PB:
Are you using the built-in wxWidgets project template wizard? The one shipped with C::B v20.03 does not support wxWidgets v3.2.

You need to use the wizard bundled with the C::B nightly build or the one I provide with my guide.

Anyway, adding wxWidgets to a project is really simple and no different from any other compiled library. The only difference is that one needs to add two include paths (build-specific and general), but this is well-documented.

bdad:

--- Quote from: PB on December 11, 2022, 03:39:30 pm ---Are you using the built-in wxWidgets project template wizard? The one shipped with C::B v20.03 does not support wxWidgets v3.2.

You need to use the wizard bundled with the C::B nightly build or the one I provide with my guide.

Anyway, adding wxWidgets to a project is really simple and no different from any other compiled library. The only difference is that one needs to add two include paths (build-specific and general), but this is well-documented.

--- End quote ---

Are you suggesting that I am more likely to succeed if I get a recent nightly builds, of codeblocks, (any one, or the most recent?)  and there is an included  wizard that will install wxWidgetsi.  I read through parts of your guide, which appears to be comprehensive, but in all honesty, I've little idea on how to proceed, at the moment. There seems to be too many choices for me, in particular when I have little idea of exactly what I now have on my system. Am I right in thinking that none of this needs to be installed on drive C:, provided i put in the full path name when asked in the installation procedures?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version