Author Topic: Patches, Launcher  (Read 2023 times)

lorwerth

Patches, Launcher
« on: November 29, 2022, 12:57:18 am »
I noticed that an issue with the CodeBlocks icon and the taskbar was reported back in April and there is a patch releated to the taskbar icon. In my case (Windows 10, new installation of 20.03 ) the icon for CodeBlocks shows up in the Start menu, but when I pin it to taskbar there's a blank image instead of the icon. Not a big deal since it still works when I click on it, but I read there's a patch for it. As long as the only problem is the icon not showing up on the taskbar, I will wait for the next update to CodeBlocks instead of installing the patch.

Are there any other patches I should know about and maybe install instead of waiting for the next release? So far I'm having no problems building programs.

Just one other question. When I run the Launcher I see the first thing it does is warn me about some missing compiler master paths. But CodeBlocks is set up right now the way I like it, to use mingw gcc, and I don't need any other compilers. Is this the only purpose of the Launcher, to verify paths to the various compilers I may wish to use?

Thanks.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org