Author Topic: Problem with codeblocks-20.03 portable  (Read 2031 times)

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
Problem with codeblocks-20.03 portable
« on: November 25, 2022, 04:16:48 pm »
After I discovered that there is codeblocks-20.03 porteble decided to give it a try. When I tried to compile the simple helo world got this error:

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!

Looks like it was searching for compiler in C: instead of the folder of codeblocks, which makes the version not really portable. Have fixed the path manualy, but the portability problem remained as absolute path is used by codeblocks.

And even after fixing the path got a similar error. After cheking for MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe I noticed that the file is not existing.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with codeblocks-20.03 portable
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 04:44:59 pm »
We do not make a portable version. You can use the nightlies without installing, but they are not portable.

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 06:09:19 pm »
We do not make a portable version. You can use the nightlies without installing, but they are not portable.
I am tallking about codeblocks-20.03mingw-32bit-nosetup.zip. Could you posibly explain the diference between without installing and portable?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 09:06:38 pm »
I am tallking about codeblocks-20.03mingw-32bit-nosetup.zip. Could you posibly explain the diference between without installing and portable?

cblauncher is part of the portable version; I have no idea how else the portable version varies.
Edit: The portable version is designed to be used on a USB flash drive; cblauncher is part of the changes done to support that.

Tim S. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 09:30:59 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org