User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Compiling CodeBlocks with clang

(1/2) > >>

everSome:
Is it reasonable to even be trying to do this? I'm using the 15.0.4 version of the clang and clang++ compiler drivers against the r13000 version of CodeBlocks. Any known gotchas? So far I've had to fix wxWidgets 3.2.1 since clang generates the following predefines:
#define __GNUC__ 4
#define __GNUC_MINOR__ 2

everSome:
Just to clarify, I'm experimenting with the MSYS2 binary package obtained via:
pacman -S --needed mingw-w64-ucrt-x86_64-clang
that ties into the gcc toolchain as I understand it without going the full llvm route, Could be wrong on this though.

everSome:
Any ideas on how to rectify this error:

-------------- Build: sdk in Code::Blocks wx3.2.x (64 bit) (compiler: CLANG MSYS2 UCRT64 Compiler)---------------
clang++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -O3 -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -m64 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-deprecated-declarations -march=native -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -Wno-ignored-attributes -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -IC:\msys64\home\NateJoe\wxWidgets\normal\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include -IC:\msys64\home\NateJoe\wxWidgets\normal\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -IC:\msys64\ucrt64\include -c C:\msys64\home\NateJoe\CodeBlocks\codeblocks-code-r13000-trunk\src\sdk\cbeditor.cpp -o .objs32_64\sdk\cbeditor.o

In file included from C:\msys64\home\NateJoe\CodeBlocks\codeblocks-code-r13000-trunk\src\sdk\cbcolourmanager.cpp:10:
In file included from include/sdk_precomp.h:13:
In file included from include/sdk_common.h:127:
include/logmanager.h:40:28: warning: passing an object of reference type to 'va_start' has undefined behavior [-Wvarargs]
va_start(arg_list, msg);
^
include/logmanager.h:37:39: note: parameter of type 'const wxString &' is declared here
inline wxString F(const wxString &msg, ...)
^
C:\msys64\home\NateJoe\CodeBlocks\codeblocks-code-r13000-trunk\src\sdk\cbcolourmanager.cpp:18:47: error: explicit specialization of 'instance' after instantiation
template<> ColourManager* Mgr<ColourManager>::instance = nullptr;
^
include/manager.h:206:18: note: implicit instantiation first required here
static MgrT *instance;
^
C:\msys64\home\NateJoe\CodeBlocks\codeblocks-code-r13000-trunk\src\sdk\cbcolourmanager.cpp:19:38: error: explicit specialization of 'isShutdown' after instantiation
template<> bool Mgr<ColourManager>::isShutdown = false;
^
include/manager.h:207:17: note: implicit instantiation first required here
static bool isShutdown;
^
1 warning and 2 errors generated.
Process terminated with status 1 (2 minute(s), 33 second(s))

stahta01:

--- Quote from: everSome on November 11, 2022, 09:46:24 pm ---Just to clarify, I'm experimenting with the MSYS2 binary package obtained via:
pacman -S --needed mingw-w64-ucrt-x86_64-clang
that ties into the gcc toolchain as I understand it without going the full llvm route, Could be wrong on this though.

--- End quote ---

Since it install an llvm package I have no idea why you think it does not go the full llvm route.

Me, I would try GCC under UCRT64 first because that at least will verify CB builds under UCRT64.

Tim S.

everSome:
FYI, I'm using a version of CodeBlocks, r13019 to be exact, build with:

$ g++ --version
g++.exe (Rev6, Built by MSYS2 project) 12.2.0
Copyright (C) 2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

to be exact, to utilize clang in compiling CodeBlocks. Here's the the pertinent output. I don't even get any warnings compiling it.

-------------- Build: sdk in Code::Blocks wx3.2.x (64 bit) (compiler: GNU GCC MSYS2 UCRT64 Compiler)---------------
g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -O3 -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -m64 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-deprecated-declarations -march=native -IC:\msys64\home\NateJoe\wxWidgets\normal\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include -IC:\msys64\home\NateJoe\wxWidgets\normal\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -IC:\msys64\ucrt64\include -c C:\msys64\home\NateJoe\CodeBlocks\codeblocks-code-r13019-trunk\src\sdk\cbcolourmanager.cpp -o .objs32_64\sdk\cbcolourmanager.o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version