User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

C::B with DirectWrite enabled will crash when in Windows remote desktop

<< < (2/3) > >>

AndrewCot:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on October 13, 2022, 04:53:32 pm ---I just checked... Are we really using version 3.7.5. of scintilla?
I think we should update....
scintilla in wxWidgets seems to be 3.7.2 and official scintilla version is 5.3.1

there could be tons of improvements...

> Added change history which can display document changes (modified, saved, ...) in the margin or in the text.
we probably could also remove some of our own code in favour of this... As far as i know the change bar is our own implementation...

--- End quote ---
Yes C::B is using an ancient version of scintilla. See https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/1107/ ticket for upgrading scintilla. A few weeks ago I downloaded the scintilla source and spent a few hours trying to build/link it so it could replace the existing one, but failed. It will take a bit of work, unless someone with scintilla code experience does the upgrade. I do not have enough time to do the work.

I agree that C::B should upgrade and use the un-modified source if possible, but if not then try to get the changes incorporated into the truck so it is there for next time.

BlueHazzard:
Ok, so we hit the c++17 and even c++20 problems again...
i have read the discussion in https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/1331 and they want to support tow versions one pre c++17 and one post c++17 based on the used compiler...
What is our requirement for c++ standard?

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on October 13, 2022, 07:18:29 pm ---Following this tutorial it says:

--- Quote ---Your application should create render targets once and hold on to them for the life of the application or until the D2DERR_RECREATE_TARGET error is received. When you receive this error, you need to recreate the render target (and any resources it created).
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hi, Miguel Gimenez. Yes, I agree with this quoted text. That's the direction to fix the crash issue. The reason I would like to try the DirectWrite is that some TTF font renders(the font has hinting feature) extremely slow in the traditional default GDI code :( .

About how to use a modern scintilla, my idea is that our own wxScintilla should be updated to some modern ones. I believe our friend CodeLite already do that.
I only thing we need to keep is the parsing of the wxSmith generated code, which is something like:

--- Code: ---    //(*EventTable(SomeFrame)
    //*)

--- End code ---

This is how the folding support about the wxSmith generated code.

Do we need to support other C::B special options?

BlueHazzard:
>  CodeLite already do that.
have you some link? i searched the repo, but did not find any related code. The only thing i could find was that he is using the wxStyledTextCtrl, but i may be wrong here...

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on October 14, 2022, 11:43:46 pm --->  CodeLite already do that.
have you some link? i searched the repo, but did not find any related code. The only thing i could find was that he is using the wxStyledTextCtrl, but i may be wrong here...

--- End quote ---

Oh, sorry, you are correct.

I think Codelite use the wxStyledTextCtrl shipped with the wx release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version