Author Topic: [Resolved] NassiShneiderman Contriibuted Plugin Faillure  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
[Resolved] NassiShneiderman Contriibuted Plugin Faillure
« on: October 09, 2022, 08:34:11 pm »
Unable to build 32-bit or 64-bit versions of C::B on Windows 10 (64-bit) platform because NassiShneiderman contributed plugin fails to compile using boost_1_80_0. I am using GCC 12.0.2 supplied by Msys2 packages mingw32 and mingw64.

The snippet of the build log that follows shows that the global variable 'boost' is defined correctly (?)
Code
g++.exe -std=gnu++11 -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DBUILDING_PLUGIN -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DNOPCH -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -w -I..\..\..\include -I..\..\..\include\tinyxml -I..\..\..\sdk\wxscintilla\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\boost\boost_1_80_0\boost\spirit\include -c C:\projectsx32\12969\src\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\cbEditorPanel.cpp -o ..\..\..\.objs32\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\cbEditorPanel.o
g++.exe -std=gnu++11 -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DBUILDING_PLUGIN -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DNOPCH -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -w -I..\..\..\include -I..\..\..\include\tinyxml -I..\..\..\sdk\wxscintilla\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\boost\boost_1_80_0\boost\spirit\include -c C:\projectsx32\12969\src\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\commands.cpp -o ..\..\..\.objs32\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\commands.o
g++.exe -std=gnu++11 -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DBUILDING_PLUGIN -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DNOPCH -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -w -I..\..\..\include -I..\..\..\include\tinyxml -I..\..\..\sdk\wxscintilla\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.2.1\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\boost\boost_1_80_0\boost\spirit\include -c C:\projectsx32\12969\src\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\CParser.cpp -o ..\..\..\.objs32\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\CParser.o
C:\projectsx32\12969\src\plugins\contrib\NassiShneiderman\CParser.cpp:5:10: fatal error: boost/spirit/include/classic.hpp: No such file or directory
    5 | #include <boost/spirit/include/classic.hpp>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Process terminated with status 1 (70 minute(s), 57 second(s))

Process terminated with status 0 (71 minute(s), 11 second(s))
1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (71 minute(s), 11 second(s))

Both Cparser.cpp and classic.hpp are in the 'C:\boost' folder or sub-folders.

Does anyone have any idea as to why i am getting these failures?

Regards.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 07:56:11 pm by Frank_CB »

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: NassiShneiderman Contriibuted Plugin Faillure
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 11:10:18 pm »
Have you looked at why the include file cannot be found?Have you checked your include paths are correct and include boost?

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 07:22:12 am »
@AndrewCot:
Thanks for your comment. Yes, I have checked the include paths. My global variable is $(#boost.include) which is included in the Search directories tab. It translated to '-IC:\boost\boost_1_80_0\boost\spirit\include" in the build log snippet that I included above, which I believe is correct, but still cannot be found. What version of boost are you using?

Regards.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 08:00:33 am »
You need to check your include paths as they are wrong.
Search the https://wiki.codeblocks.org site for references to the boost include global variable and have a read.
You need to use the WIKI to see if it can help you out before posting.

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 08:45:14 am »
Thank yoy @andrewCot.  The WIKI has a couple of articles on Boost. I'll address the issue tomorrow.

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 07:51:40 pm »
$(#boost.include)="C:\boost\boost_1_80_0".
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 07:54:46 pm by Frank_CB »