Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Regarding the Code::Blocks homepage design contest

<< < (18/19) > >>

per_eckerdal:
Okay.
Now it's almost finished. The things that are left to do are to add the faq questions, fix the wiki and forum links and a download section.

Do you think I just should link to the SF download page or should I create an own?

If you want to see, I have created an administration interface. It is *EXTREMELY* primitive and does only support the most common stuff, but more can be added later. If you want to do the uncommon things now you can modify the db directly (personally, I find that faster and more powerful than a web interface..)

The address is http://mellan.dyndns.org/codeblocks/admin/ and the username/pw is per/nordingra. But please don't mess up too much :wink:

There is a link in the admin interface called "error log". The 401, 403, 404 and 410 documents log here so that broken links and hack attempts can be found.
/Per Eckerdal

per_eckerdal:
One more question:
Should I remove my FAQ section and link to the WiKi instead? Or should both be used?
/Per Eckerdal

mandrav:

--- Quote ---Do you think I just should link to the SF download page or should I create an own?
--- End quote ---

If it's not too much trouble, an own page would be better. Nothing fancy, 3-4 download links for the current version (core setup, full setup, SDK, source) with a small description for each (and a link to the sf files section). All in one page. As simple as possible :)

--- Quote ---Should I remove my FAQ section and link to the WiKi instead? Or should both be used?
--- End quote ---

For now, both should be used because they currently contain out-of-sync info  :oops:

Thanks,
Yiannis.

David Perfors:

--- Quote from: per_eckerdal ---One more question:
Should I remove my FAQ section and link to the WiKi instead? Or should both be used?
/Per Eckerdal
--- End quote ---
I vote for linking it to the wiki, so everyone is able to add questions and answers.

per_eckerdal:
I agree with mispunt. The FAQ questions will need to be readded anyways..

As you can see I have almost finished the download section. Do you think it is understandable enough? I think the files need a short description though, especially the SDK, because what it is isn't 100% clear (not for me, at least.. It is for developing plugins, right?)

After this there is, AFAICT, nothing left to be done before the page can be "released" to the public.

The handbook should be reorganized (XML-wise), but that can be done later..
/Per Eckerdal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version