Author Topic: Regarding the Code::Blocks homepage design contest  (Read 95716 times)

Offline Profic

• Multiple posting newcomer
Regarding the Code::Blocks homepage design contest
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 12:14:24 am »
don't the words look a bit blurry on the webpage?

You say exactly what I thought :)
And text from logo at SF looks well and sharp
Not fear, nor tears can reach me now, the light seems so clear as the night fades away (c) Tristania - Beyond The Veil

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 01:09:31 am »
The vote is on the right part of the website. I think (Note: I'm NOT sure) you might have to register to vote.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 09:21:07 am »
OK, the webpage is using the sharper-text version now :)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 11:20:38 am »
That is better, thanks :D
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 04:37:27 am »
Hey, Chris! I incorporated your 3D logo into the Code::Blocks exe! 8) I also gave you credit on the "about" dialog ;-)

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 02:51:20 pm »
if time wasn't such an issue i would suggest looking at a new portal system, drupal ( http://www.drupal.org/ ), to be precise. it's a lot cleaner, more customizable (sp?) and doesn't make every site look the same (if you use a good theme), like most *Nuke's do.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 08:20:32 pm »
I agree with that, I was thinking that the current design is good, but I don't like the sharp borders of all items,
I like a lot the rounded borders of that drupal page, it's like the firefox page. Very good.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 05:29:07 pm »
I'd suggest creating a a CMS rather than using another one, this will also come to show developers that you mean business, and that you are trying to be more professional.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 06:01:32 pm »
Do you realize how much time it has to be INVESTED in creating a CMS from scratch? We need a usable webpage, and we need it fast.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2005, 01:23:23 pm »
Ich you really consider to switch to another (more professional) cms system, i would really suggest mambo.
i really like the current design, but maybe i can try to do some css modifications. after i registered at the forums ;)

greetings
xardias

xardias

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 01:59:19 pm »
here i am,
i think with just a few adjustments the design really looks nice and professional. look at this:
http://files.xardias.net/images/codeblocks.jpg
the current template is not very css customizeable, so i needed to replace some bgcolors in the html code. but this is just an suggestion it just needs some replacements. i used the colors from the logo image.

PS: it is hard to create non sharp borders, without wasting the whole template with tables for layouting tons of images. mozilla has some css extensions, so it can display rounded borders, but with any other browser the edges still look sharp. (take the Intenret Explorer and look at the firefox page)

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 06:38:42 pm »
Quote from: xardias
here i am,
i think with just a few adjustments the design really looks nice and professional. look at this:
http://files.xardias.net/images/codeblocks.jpg
the current template is not very css customizeable, so i needed to replace some bgcolors in the html code. but this is just an suggestion it just needs some replacements. i used the colors from the logo image.

PS: it is hard to create non sharp borders, without wasting the whole template with tables for layouting tons of images. mozilla has some css extensions, so it can display rounded borders, but with any other browser the edges still look sharp. (take the Intenret Explorer and look at the firefox page)
hey I appreciate the effort, but like more the current desing than that
about the rounded borders on IE, just look at drupal.org using IE ;)

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2005, 12:21:36 pm »
Quote from: xardias

Bull, it's very easy, se the following links for some really nice tutorials on this.