User forums > Help

[FIXED] Debugger issue [update of gdb needed]

(1/4) > >>

thierryv:
Hello to all of you;

I'm having a small problem with the code blocks debugger, when I try to start debugging, it opens the windows terminal and when I push any key, it closes the terminal and stops debugging... does anyone have any ideas?

(the following is the message I get at the end of the debugging)

--- Quote ---Set variable: PATH=.;C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jdk18.0.1_10\bin;C:\Python310\Scripts;C:\Python310;C:\Program Files\Python310\Scripts;C:\Program Files\Python310;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\msys64\mingw64\bin;C:\MinGW\MinGW\bin;C;C:\Users\GodMode\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\GodMode\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin
Starting debugger: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args C:/Users/JohnD/DOCUME~1/EXERCI~1/RVISIO~2/Ex_6/Ex_6/bin/Debug/Ex_6.exe
done
Setting breakpoints
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 8.1
Child process PID: 1528
[Inferior 1 (process 1528) exited normally]
Debugger finished with status 0

--- End quote ---

Miguel Gimenez:
Did you set a breakpoint or select "Run to cursor"?

thierryv:
I did place some breakpoints,
but as soon as the debugger arrives at the breakpoint I have the impression that it closes the terminal and continues the program normally.

BlueHazzard:
I think your program just terminates. Have you tried to single step after the breakpoint?

To gatter more information to help you better please activate the full debug log in
Settings->Debugger->Common->Enable full (debug) log
and post it here (like you did in the first post. Thank you for that! but we need the full log to help you more)

gd_on:
I remember than with old gdb versions, there was sometimes problems when it was placed in a path containing a space character. It's the case here (Program Files).
Try to copy your compiler installation at the root, for example C:\MinGW. Adjust paths in C::B and retry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version