Author Topic: CodeBlocks 20.03 can't find files for operations  (Read 1512 times)

dongmccreary

CodeBlocks 20.03 can't find files for operations
« on: August 11, 2022, 11:46:07 pm »
I have recently installed CodeBlocks 20.03 on a Windows 11 operating system. It is showing symtoms of not not finding necessessary files during operations. One example is not finding a file in the compiler chain, and another is not finding a header file in the "main.c" by right clicking an included header file. Attached is a file displaying the "cannot find -lbgi" message.

I have another installation of CodeBlocks 20.03 running under Windows 7 on another computer. It was installed using the same setup file.

I setup an identical project on the other computer and did not experience any of the forgoing problems  It compiled, built, and ran. I was able to right click and display the header file.

If anybody has experienced and solved this problem, please respond to this post.

Regards, Don McCreary

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CodeBlocks 20.03 can't find files for operations
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 09:24:38 am »
Those are compiler error and not codeblocks errors.
You are missing binary files, i would suspect anti virus problems, so your anti virus is blocking this files from access by the compiler or even he has deleted them.
Have you done a system wide search for the missing "bgi" library? Is it present on the system?