Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

DAP debug plugin testing

<< < (2/2)

AndrewCot:
You need to include both of the following project files in the sub directories:
* Debugger_DAP\Debugger_DAP_wx32_64.cbp
* DebugAdapterProtocol\dapcxx_codeblocks_wx32_64.cbpIn the CodeBlocks_wx32_64.workspace file has the two project files added includign the dependency as follows:

--- Code: ---        <Project filename="plugins/contrib/Debugger_DAP/DebugAdapterProtocol/dapcxx_codeblocks_wx32_64.cbp" />
        <Project filename="plugins/contrib/Debugger_DAP/Debugger_DAP/Debugger_DAP_wx32_64.cbp">
            <Depends filename="CodeBlocks_wx32_64.cbp" />
            <Depends filename="plugins/contrib/Debugger_DAP/DebugAdapterProtocol/dapcxx_codeblocks_wx32_64.cbp" />
        </Project>
--- End code ---
If you are manually merging or building the projects then you need to build the "Debugger WXDAP DLL" first and then the "Debugger DAP Plugin wx3.2.x (64 bit)". There are changes required in the core to get some of the functionality working. I hope that one of the changes I may not need due to the breakpoint move update I need to do, but the compilergcc changes are needed for Windows (see the Readme-DAP_setup.md Windows item 3 for the list of files changed).

I fixed more issues yesterday I found during the Linux and Mac testing.  I still have two bugs, console output and breakpoint move (add remove lines) that I want to fix before the first release is feature complete. There is an issue with the breakpoint dialog context menu that I have no idea about.

Pecan:
@Andrew

Thanks, I'm now making progress.
FYI, /.svn has to be a child of /trunk in order for autorevision to work.
For unknown reasons (to me)  a directory junction doesn't work, but a
copy of the .svn folder does.

Pecan:

Whats the magic to get "\msys64\mingw64\bin\lldb-vscode.exe" into my msys64 folder?

AndrewCot:
Thanks. I missed the instructions for this. I have created and added the following table to the Readm_DAP_setup.md file locally and will check the Mac and Linux sections to ensure I have hopefully included the similar install info:

On Windows the following table shows the installation package to install:

|         DAP Adapter                   | Install package/URL
|:------------------------------------- |:----------------------------------------- |
| C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\lldb-vscode.exe | pacman -S mingw-w64-clang-x86_64-lldb     |
| C:\msys64\clang64\bin\lldb-vscode.exe | pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-lldb           |
| C:\msys64\mingw32\bin\lldb-vscode.exe | pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-lldb             |
| C:\msys64\clang32\bin\lldb-vscode.exe | pacman -S mingw-w64-clang-i686-lldb       |
| C:\llvm\bin\lldb-vscode.exe           | https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project      |
| .\extension\adapter\codelldb.exe      | https://github.com/vadimcn/vscode-lldb    |

Pecan:
How do I watch a wxString?
int values show as ints but wxString values show a an address, not its value.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version