Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

error alert message when using ThreadSearch Plugin

<< < (5/6) > >>

Miguel Gimenez:
New releases do not support Windows 7, because they are linked to Windows 8+ DLL.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on September 16, 2022, 07:53:13 am ---New releases do not support Windows 7, because they are linked to Windows 8+ DLL.

--- End quote ---

I just replace the drmingw dll files in my win7's Code::Blocks folder, and I can start C::B without any issue.

I use the dependency walker to check the exchndl.dll, and it looks good. What is the Windows 8+ DLL?

EDIT

I just tested it, and it(exchndl.dll) can correctly catch the crash from a sample program and write the RPT file. So, it works on my Windows 7 64bit.

Miguel Gimenez:
Windows 8+ means Windows 8 and later.

The stock Windows 7 SP1 does not have the required DLL, but there is an optional KBxxxxx that installs it. I will check DrMinGW 0.9.7 on my system.

EDIT: I get problems with dependencies, the following files are not found:

--- Code: ---API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-EVENTING-PROVIDER-L1-1-0.DLL
DCOMP.DLL
GPSVC.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

--- End code ---

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on September 16, 2022, 11:07:13 am ---Windows 8+ means Windows 8 and later.

The stock Windows 7 SP1 does not have the required DLL, but there is an optional KBxxxxx that installs it. I will check DrMinGW 0.9.7 on my system.

EDIT: I get problems with dependencies, the following files are not found:

--- Code: ---API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-EVENTING-PROVIDER-L1-1-0.DLL
DCOMP.DLL
GPSVC.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Which dll are requiring those missing dlls?

I think the exchndl.dll and mgwhelp.dll files are built from the drmingw project.
While, the dbgcore.dll, dbghelp.dll and symsrv.dll are mainly from the windows sdk(windows debugging tools)

So, we only need to update the exchndl.dll and mgwhelp.dll files?

Miguel Gimenez:

--- Quote ---Which dll are requiring those missing dlls?
--- End quote ---

exchndl.dll

We can recompile exchndl.dll for 0.9.7 using MinGW-w64 with win32 threading model, as recommended here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version