Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Code::Blocks can build against wxGTK/Win 3.2.0

<< < (2/2)

AndrewCot:
Stability/Bugs:
The MSW seems allot more stable that the GTK3 in my quick tests. As C::B GTK3 crashes allot. I got a crash when moving the watches dialog with no GDB debugging session running.The MSW build does not have the issue with the dialogs moving like the C::B wx3.2 monolithic build does without the fix.

Dumb questions:
Are there going to be any group packages instead of having to download the individual packages?
Do you know if the existing wxWidgets 3.1 GTK3 is okay if you build an app with it?

stahta01:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on July 29, 2022, 06:00:04 am ---Stability/Bugs:
The MSW seems allot more stable that the GTK3 in my quick tests. As C::B GTK3 crashes allot. I got a crash when moving the watches dialog with no GDB debugging session running.The MSW build does not have the issue with the dialogs moving like the C::B wx3.2 monolithic build does without the fix.

Dumb questions:
Are there going to be any group packages instead of having to download the individual packages?
Do you know if the existing wxWidgets 3.1 GTK3 is okay if you build an app with it?

--- End quote ---

wxGTK-gtk3/Win is likely not okay; but, without testing will never become okay.
The wxWidgets people released it like it was okay; but, it did not build till I patched it.

Once the PR is added to MSys2 and the binaries released only two [wxWidgets] packages should be needed to be installed to build under MinGW64.
mingw-w64-x86_64-wxwidgets3.2-msw and mingw-w64-x86_64-wxwidgets3.2-msw-cb_headers.

AND, AS I ALREADY STATED THE CB PROJECTS ARE NOT SOMETHING I PLANNED TO SUMMIT TO THE CB TEAM; They were for testing the MSys2 wxWidgets packages!!!!

Edit: I would prefer to use configure/make to build Code::Blocks using an PKGBUILD; does anyone remember who it was that took my broken work on that and added to it?

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version