Author Topic: Code::Blocks IDE translation to German language  (Read 5651 times)

Offline rechtsanwaltsteyer

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks IDE translation to German language
« on: July 24, 2022, 04:40:38 pm »
If somebody needs translation files for the Code::Blocks IDE to German language, feel free to follow this link an download the needed files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bjuy411x4vv7ehm/AABgOFckrY5MklvvdLSLIAmHa?dl=0 
Greatings
Georg Michael Steyer, Rechtsanwalt

Offline rechtsanwaltsteyer

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks IDE translation to German language
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 01:56:55 pm »
Hi out there,
I was updating the german translation. It is enlarged a lot since last time.
Greatings
Georg Michael Steyer, Rechtsanwalt

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 02:28:58 pm »
Thank you for your effort.

If you detect untranslatable strings please report here or create a ticket.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 06:23:48 pm »
May be you could update on launchpad, https://launchpad.net/codeblocks-gd
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 06:54:45 pm »
I have downloaded the spanish PO file, where is the template file (POT)?

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 07:17:15 pm »
I update the template from time to time (and of course the french translation).
On the forum, it's possible to find my last extracting tools. They are not totally up to date, but they should work.
I'm not sure that you can download the raw .pot file on launchpad. May be you can try to download some .po languages files with very few translated strings!

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 07:20:16 pm »
Can you attach the POT, so I can update the downloaded es.po?

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 07:42:05 pm »
here it is ...

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2022, 07:43:12 pm »
Thanks

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 11:21:06 am »
@gd_on, [r13003] has removed most fragmented translations and strings that should not be translated at all like "(" or "%d"

I know this implies translating again some strings (specially in french because it is mostly complete), but I think the final result will be better.

Please, can you generate a POT of 13003 and attach it here?

Thank you in advance.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 12:35:54 pm »
Here it is ...
I have also updated the template on launchpad, updated the french translation.
I had globally approved your own work on spanish language before my update, so there will be probably also some new work for you Miguel. ;D
Nevertheless, the effect of my updates are not immediately applied on launchpad. Need some time (1 hour or 1 day, it depends ...)

gd_on

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 12:47:18 pm »
Thank you for the file.

I do not have experience with Launchpad. The way I am doing the translation is:
  - downloaded the spanish PO
  - update it with your POT from r13000
  - translate
  - upload the PO to Launchpad
  - update my local PO with the r13003 POT
10:
  - translate
  - upload
  goto 10

Is this OK?

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022, 01:22:10 pm »
It should be.
Normally, after my own update of the template on launchpad, there are two ways to work :
  • you can directly translate on launchpad ;
  • you can download the .po from launchpad. It contains normally all the chains from the last updated template (here 13003). Then you work on it locally, with poedit for example. When it's OK, you upload the modified .po file on launchpad. You can then approve your own work (I think) or wait for me to approve it.
I prefer the second solution, because working directly on launchpad is quite tedious (but it works well !), especially if you have a lot of translations to update.
Sometimes, on launchpad, you have to review one by one your own translations, particularly when some conflicts are detected by launchpad or some double translations (if somebody else has worked on the translation). Then you have to review them and choose the best one. Of course, such a job must be done by someone who knows well the translation language, not me. :-[

gd_on
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:38:41 pm by gd_on »

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2022, 07:18:46 pm »
Do your batch files extract translatable strings from scripts (like wizard.script)?

If yes, would they accept something like this?
Code
local intro_msg = _("Welcome to the wxWidgets project wizard!\n\n" +
                               "This wizard will guide you to create a new project using\n" +
                               "the wxWidgets cross-platform GUI library.\n\n" +
                               "When you 're ready to proceed, please click \"Next\"...");
(note the plus sign).

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 09:45:41 am »
It does not work like that, if the string is split in several parts (with +). But it works if the whole string is on one line like that :
Code
local intro_msg = _("Welcome to the wxWidgets project wizard!\n\nThis wizard will guide you to create a new project using\nthe wxWidgets cross-platform GUI library.\n\nWhen you 're ready to proceed, please click \"Next\"...");
You can also split into 2 full sentences (or 3) :
Code
local intro_msg1 = _("Welcome to the wxWidgets project wizard!\n\nThis wizard will guide you to create a new project using\nthe wxWidgets cross-platform GUI library.\n\n");
local intro_msg2 = _("When you 're ready to proceed, please click \"Next\"...");
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 09:52:00 am by gd_on »