Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

C::B and wxWidgets 3.2.0 debug window "jumping" query

(1/2) > >>

AndrewCot:
I do not know if this is something I have caused in my local C::B build with wxWidgets 3.2.0 or it's a wx3.2 issue and as such if someone has time who has built C::B with wxWidgets 3.2.0 on Windows could you let me know if you do or do not get the same jumping dialog issue I have when you do the following quick test I would greatly appreciate it:

NOTE: Do not click on anything else while doing the test as it may case the test to pass (aka the dialog will not jump).
* Start C::B and do not open anything.
* Open a floating Watches dialog via the Debug->Debugging windows->Watches menu option
* Open a floating Breakpoints dialog via the Debug->Debugging windows->Breakpoints menu option4. Close the floating Breakpoints dialog
* Keep an eye on the Watches dialog position when performing the next step to see if it jumps
* Open a floating Breakpoints dialog via the Debug->Debugging windows->Breakpoints menu optionDid the Watches dialog move when you opened the Breakpoints dialog in the last step above?

The same test with the C::B nightly SVN 12829 does not have any issues.

AndrewCot:
If you are using wxWidgets 3.1.5 or 3.1.6 then you will not have the issue.If you are using wxWidgets 3.1.7 or 3.2.0 then you will have the issue

Miguel Gimenez:
The third step is not needed to reproduce. the issue. In fact, anytime you reopen any debug window it opens displaced to the right and down.

Looks like a problem with AUI.

AndrewCot:
I took a punt and copied the wxWidget 3.1.7 src\aui\floatpane.cpp over the 3.1.6 file and rebuilt wxWidget 3.1.6 and updated the wx*.dll files in the C::B devel31 directory without re-building C::B. The issue occured.

I then went back to the original wxWidget 3.1.6 src\aui\floatpane.cpp file and and rebuilt wxWidget 3.1.6 and updated the wx*.dll files in the C::B devel31 directory without re-building C::B. The issue did not occur.

The change is due to https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/22458

What do we do about this?

AndrewCot:
Reported in https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/issues/22533

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version