Author Topic: C::B and wxWidgets 3.2.0 debug window "jumping" query  (Read 3683 times)

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
C::B and wxWidgets 3.2.0 debug window "jumping" query
« on: July 16, 2022, 01:01:50 pm »
I do not know if this is something I have caused in my local C::B build with wxWidgets 3.2.0 or it's a wx3.2 issue and as such if someone has time who has built C::B with wxWidgets 3.2.0 on Windows could you let me know if you do or do not get the same jumping dialog issue I have when you do the following quick test I would greatly appreciate it:

NOTE: Do not click on anything else while doing the test as it may case the test to pass (aka the dialog will not jump).
  • Start C::B and do not open anything.
  • Open a floating Watches dialog via the Debug->Debugging windows->Watches menu option
  • Open a floating Breakpoints dialog via the Debug->Debugging windows->Breakpoints menu option4. Close the floating Breakpoints dialog
  • Keep an eye on the Watches dialog position when performing the next step to see if it jumps
  • Open a floating Breakpoints dialog via the Debug->Debugging windows->Breakpoints menu option
Did the Watches dialog move when you opened the Breakpoints dialog in the last step above?

The same test with the C::B nightly SVN 12829 does not have any issues.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: C::B and wxWidgets 3.2.0 debug window "jumping" query
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 01:20:41 pm »
If you are using wxWidgets 3.1.5 or 3.1.6 then you will not have the issue.If you are using wxWidgets 3.1.7 or 3.2.0 then you will have the issue

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 01:51:30 pm »
The third step is not needed to reproduce. the issue. In fact, anytime you reopen any debug window it opens displaced to the right and down.

Looks like a problem with AUI.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 01:52:45 pm »
I took a punt and copied the wxWidget 3.1.7 src\aui\floatpane.cpp over the 3.1.6 file and rebuilt wxWidget 3.1.6 and updated the wx*.dll files in the C::B devel31 directory without re-building C::B. The issue occured.

I then went back to the original wxWidget 3.1.6 src\aui\floatpane.cpp file and and rebuilt wxWidget 3.1.6 and updated the wx*.dll files in the C::B devel31 directory without re-building C::B. The issue did not occur.

The change is due to https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/22458

What do we do about this?

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 02:08:10 pm »
You can use the 3.1.6 src\aui\floatpane.cpp file in 3.1.7 or 3.2.0 as there are no other changes, apart from the change that is causing the problem in 3.1.7 (3.2.0 is the same file as 3.1.7).

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 12:18:56 am »
Fix was merged yesterday:https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/22651