User forums > Using Code::Blocks

wxWidgets 3.1.7 is available

(1/5) > >>

gd_on:
It's here : https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/releases/tag/v3.1.7

killerbot:
I didn't actively follow the discussion on the 3.1.6, but I think that one was not usable for CB, or were all problems fixed in the mean time ?

If possible, we could try to step up to 3.1.7 and as such catch up again ? What do you think ?

gd_on:
I have compiled and used C::B (I follow the svn versions) with wxWidgets 3.1.6 for a long time and had no problems. I'm on Windows 10 (see my signature)
Here, I have compiled C::B (svn 12831) with wxWidgets 3.1.7. It starts correctly. Of course, I had no time to test deeply, it's too fresh.
I had also tested some of my own programs with wxWidgets 3.1.7 for a few months, while wxWidgets 3.1.7 was still on development, without any problems.

For C::B, may be it should be more prudent to wait the 3.2.0 version (due date 7 july ...)

gd_on

AndrewCot:
I think the devs should test it with C::B as the news has the following paragraph:

--- Quote ---This is also the last release before the upcoming 3.2.0 release that will be the start of a new API and ABI-stable wxWidgets version, so please test your existing applications with this version and let us know about any problems and, especially, regressions, so that they could still be fixed before 3.2.0.
--- End quote ---
Been building with wx3.1.6 since it come out and have not spotted any issues on Windows or MacOS. Will be updating to 3.1.7 today. The default Linux build process uses the installed wxWidgets and as such I build with 3.0.5.
I would love to see the nightly move to 3.1.7 as there are no C::B code changes required, but as expected new wxWidget DLL's would be need to be packaged into a 7z file.

AndrewCot:
Looks like there is an issue with wxWidget 3.1.7 compared to 3.1.6 in that BlueHazzard's cbSystemView plugin (https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=22207.0 for info) failes to build with the error below on 3.1.7, but is okay with 3.1.6:

--- Code: ---D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental\src\plugins\contrib-wip\cbSystemView\src\cbSVWindow.cpp: In constructor 'cbSVWindow::cbSVWindow(wxWindow*)':
D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental\src\plugins\contrib-wip\cbSystemView\src\cbSVWindow.cpp:194:36: error: 'void wxPropertyGridPageState::SetColumnCount(int)' is protected within this context
  194 |     m_pg_first_page->SetColumnCount(4);
      |     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/propgridiface.h:19,
                 from D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/propgrid.h:23,
                 from D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/manager.h:18,
                 from .\include/cbSVWindow.h:32,
                 from D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental\src\plugins\contrib-wip\cbSystemView\src\cbSVWindow.cpp:19:
D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/propgridpagestate.h:586:10: note: declared protected here
  586 |     void SetColumnCount(int colCount);
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))

--- End code ---
I have not looked into the error above.

The following is the list of plugin's I build and they all loaded without any errors on C::B startup:
* abbreviations.dll
* astyle.dll
* autosave.dll
* AutoVersioning.dll
* BrowseTracker.dll
* byogames.dll
* cbBuildTools.dll
* cbDiff.dll
* cbInno.dll
* cbMarkdown.dll
* cbMemoryView.dll
* cbNSIS.dll