Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

New Variable to support wx-config in MSys2 MinGW

<< < (8/8)

AndrewCot:
Let me be polite and say if you have no idea it is better to say so or nothing than to accuse someone of something that is completely wrong.

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---Can anybody tell me why exactly it is worth putting energy into MSYS 2 support
--- End quote ---
I personally think it is a great way to have a package manager with libraries that just work on windows. I need some library pacman -S and the library and all dependencies are there.
I think people nowadays use vcpck or cocoa but the first is a microsoft thing and i am not a big fan about it, and i tested the second when it was still new and it was not really nice to use, so i was stuck with msys2
Do not view it as a unix environment on windows, view it as a package manager. And for this it would be nice to have codeblocks as package there... You want to install codeblocks? Simply run pacman -S codeblocks and everything works...
If it makes sense to port windows project files or use unix project files, that is out of my scope...

New Pagodi:
Also, if you can get codeblocks running with the GTK backend on windows, that might be the easiest way to add darkmode support that has been requested several times.  The shortest path to wxGTK on windows is probably through msys.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: New Pagodi on August 17, 2022, 03:58:24 pm ---Also, if you can get codeblocks running with the GTK backend on windows, that might be the easiest way to add darkmode support that has been requested several times.  The shortest path to wxGTK on windows is probably through msys.

--- End quote ---

I have never used the wxGTK under Windows before, can some one shows the difference between wxGTK and wxMSW under Windows?

stahta01:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on August 17, 2022, 04:32:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: New Pagodi on August 17, 2022, 03:58:24 pm ---Also, if you can get codeblocks running with the GTK backend on windows, that might be the easiest way to add darkmode support that has been requested several times.  The shortest path to wxGTK on windows is probably through msys.

--- End quote ---

I have never used the wxGTK under Windows before, can some one shows the difference between wxGTK and wxMSW under Windows?

--- End quote ---

If you will take over the maintenance of it; I will create an core CB project using wxGTK-gtk3.
You would have to do the other CB projects.

Edit: Or, if you can tell me which wxWidgets sample will show the difference I could do that, instead.

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version