Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

New Variable to support wx-config in MSys2 MinGW

<< < (7/8) > >>

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on August 15, 2022, 05:23:01 am ---
--- Quote from: AndrewCot on August 15, 2022, 04:50:42 am ---I have come across two issues as described below:

WX_CONFIG Library usage
Cannot build SDK target using what I think is the standard using the library linker tag as follows:
    You cannot use the following
        <Add library="`$(WX_CONFIG) --libs std,aui,propgrid`" />
    You need to use this
        <Add option="`$(WX_CONFIG) --libs std,aui,propgrid`" />

--- End quote ---

I see no difference between what you say works and not works.

Tim S

--- End quote ---

I think they are different options:

For example:

--- Code: --- <Linker>
<Add option="`$(WX_CONFIG) --libs std,aui`" />
<Add option="-Wl,--no-undefined" />
<Add library="codeblocks" />
</Linker>

--- End code ---

The "Add library" told C::B that a library named "codeblocks" will be linked, C::B will generate the correct linker command line option.
While, the "Add option" let the user directly put the linker command line option.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on August 15, 2022, 04:50:42 am ---
Additional Paths issue and potential changes required:
When you include $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)../usr/bin in the "Additional Paths" option in the global Compiler setting then on Windows any existing project that includes the zip command in the <ExtraCommands /> you will need to change the directory delim '\' to '/' if you are using the '/' delim as you will now use the MSYS2 usr/bin/zip instead of your existing windows zip file.

--- End quote ---
This is a bad issue, in-fact, we just need sh.exe in the path "$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)../usr/bin" to run the wx-config script.
using the usr/bin/zip is only expected when we run the update script under mingw64 shell.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on August 16, 2022, 02:41:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: AndrewCot on August 15, 2022, 04:50:42 am ---
Additional Paths issue and potential changes required:
When you include $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)../usr/bin in the "Additional Paths" option in the global Compiler setting then on Windows any existing project that includes the zip command in the <ExtraCommands /> you will need to change the directory delim '\' to '/' if you are using the '/' delim as you will now use the MSYS2 usr/bin/zip instead of your existing windows zip file.

--- End quote ---
This is a bad issue, in-fact, we just need sh.exe in the path "$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)../usr/bin" to run the wx-config script.
using the usr/bin/zip is only expected when we run the update script under mingw64 shell.

--- End quote ---

AndrewCot seems to think converting Windows CB projects to run under MSys2 makes sense!
It does NOT! I am guessing he rarely uses the Linux CB projects because he is not understanding that the Linux projects has the same "flaws" as the MSys2 projects has.

Tim S.

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on August 16, 2022, 05:12:44 pm ---AndrewCot seems to think converting Windows CB projects to run under MSys2 makes sense!
It does NOT! I am guessing he rarely uses the Linux CB projects because he is not understanding that the Linux projects has the same "flaws" as the MSys2 projects has.

--- End quote ---
I agree. The way forward could be to use the Unix project files under MSYS2. Shouldn't these work right out-of-the-box?
(Besides: Can anybody tell me why exactly it is worth putting energy into MSYS 2 support? I might have missed it. In the end you can do everything from native Windows, incl. using the MSYS compilers, which is what I do from time-to-time?!)

stahta01:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on August 16, 2022, 05:21:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: stahta01 on August 16, 2022, 05:12:44 pm ---AndrewCot seems to think converting Windows CB projects to run under MSys2 makes sense!

--- End quote ---
I agree. The way forward could be to use the Unix project files under MSYS2. Shouldn't these work right out-of-the-box?
(Besides: Can anybody tell me why exactly it is worth putting energy into MSYS 2 support? I might have missed it. In the end you can do everything from native Windows, incl. using the MSYS compilers, which is what I do from time-to-time?!)

--- End quote ---

I have tried a few times to do an Code::Blocks IDE package for MSys2 and failed on the first try; current try builds; but, fails to run.
This time it was just to test my wxWidgets MSys2 package to verify it works with CB Projects.

I would like to get the scripted wizard working better with MSys2 mingw64; but, using MSys2 MinGW64 to build Code::Blocks might be best done the normal way (using cmd.exe prompt) instead of an MSys2 MinGW64 prompt.

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version