Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

C::B Github Actions build information

<< < (2/4) > >>

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on May 25, 2022, 06:09:46 am ---I finally have C::B windows building on Github actions, but it takes ages (3hrs) in total from start to generating the C::B exe.
--- End quote ---
Good!
But, 3 hrs is too long.  :(

--- Quote ---It does not include generating the installer as this step is failing. If anyone can help reduce the time I would gratefully appreciate the help, but be aware that building locally and building on Github are not the same as the Github environment is a 2xCPU virtual Windows 2019 machine.

--- End quote ---
So, you mean 3 hours is the time running in your local PC? not the virtual CPU in the Github environment?

AndrewCot:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on May 26, 2022, 04:46:07 pm ---But, 3 hrs is too long.  :(

So, you mean 3 hours is the time running in your local PC? not the virtual CPU in the Github environment?
--- End quote ---
3hrs on Github.com. You can look at the repo and see it in the actions results.

My local PC the build is about 30 minutes using the same process, which is just okay.

ollydbg:
OK, so where can I find the generated file? I means the artifact files after running the git action? You can just create a zip file?

AndrewCot:
As I have said the installer step is not working.

As such there are NO install able/usable artifacts as I use the installer to do updates locally and do NOT have a zip process that zips up the devel31_64 or output31_64 files. You can clone the repo and mod the workflow to zip the devel31_64 directory and upload it so you check it out.
You can look at the actions in the github repo to see the workflow steps being run and the output of them.

BlueHazzard:
( i have no idea about github actions, so be patient :) )
Could we possibly use github actions to automate third party plugin building?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version