Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

C::B Github Actions build information

<< < (3/4) > >>

AndrewCot:
Yes, but it may/would/possibly need a bunch of work as it depends on what you exactly want to do.
I have tested parts of the github action workflow by using the nightly zip files to save hours of waiting for wxWidget and C::B to build.

You will need to figure out how you are actually going to build the plugins for the different OS's as the trunk C::B src is not consistent with how it can be built on the different OS's and as such so the plugin build is also not consistent. There are outstanding tickets to do the following for the C::B build prodcess, but they have gone no where. Some of them may be relevant:
1) Add ability to build Windows C::B via the bootstrap/configure/make. This is used in the github actions in my repo.2) Add ability to build MacOS C::B via project files. This is used for MacOS debugging.
3) On MacOS script to install the thirs party build tools and then build WxWidgets and C::B. This is used in the github actions in my repo.4) Updated bootstrap/configure/make process for use on Linux & Windows OS's.  This is used in the github actions in my repo. There are allot of mkaegfile.am changes to get this right.5) Updated src\update*.* files as the build creates the devel31_64 directory structure only and does not do anything with output31_64. The update*.* copies the files from devel to ouput and strips the files. This ensures that the build process builds and the release process takes the build and creates a release.

ollydbg:
If you look at the page: https://packages.msys2.org/queue

You will see that the wx3.1( wx3.1.6) is ready for upload. That's the work of Tim, see here: wxWidgets3.1: Update to version 3.1.6; and, by stahta01 Pull Request #11691 msys2/MINGW-packages

So, maybe C::B will built against this wx version once it get uploaded?

AndrewCot:
Thanks, do you know if C::B will work by "just" linking to it? Aka not require you to build wx 3.1.6 from source if you are using it and MSYS2?

The current state as far as I can see is that it has been waiting for 10 days now, so based on what I have seen in the past it is stuck and it will not go anywhere without some help. The MSYS2 pending updates show it as:
 2022-05-19 mingw-w64-wxWidgets3.13.1.5-6→3.1.6-1 Ready for upload but waiting for dependencies

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on May 29, 2022, 10:35:15 am ---Thanks, do you know if C::B will work by "just" linking to it? Aka not require you to build wx 3.1.6 from source if you are using it and MSYS2?

--- End quote ---
If you look at Tim's pull request, you will see that Direct2D is enabled for building C::B, so I guess the answer is Yes.  :)

--- Quote ---The current state as far as I can see is that it has been waiting for 10 days now, so based on what I have seen in the past it is stuck and it will not go anywhere without some help. The MSYS2 pending updates show it as:
 2022-05-19 mingw-w64-wxWidgets3.13.1.5-6→3.1.6-1 Ready for upload but waiting for dependencies
--- End quote ---
I don't know, maybe some MSYS2's developer can help to solve this issue.

ollydbg:
Well, I saw yesterday, the package information, it shows: Ready for upload.
And now, it shows: Ready for upload but waiting for dependencies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version