User forums > Help

C::B loosing keyoard short cuts

(1/3) > >>

tigerbeard:
I am using the nightly builds under Linux GTK2, currently rev12535

As the title says C::B keeps forgetting my short cuts set in Settings->Editor->KeyboardShortcuts. As far as I can say it happens when C::B crashed and I re-start it.
I tried to set the config file ".config/codeblocks/default.cbKeyBinder20.conf" to read only this did not change it. The file still has my short cuts but still C:B starts without them.

Are the short cuts read on startip from somewhere else?

Maybe that is connected,  I can observe that also the order of the tabs in the management console are not saved. They always jump back to Projects|FSymbols|Symbols|Resources|Files. I have tried to use "SaveAll" and "Save workspace". I did not find out in which file this order is stored.

Pecan:
Are you switching back and forth between different versions of CB?

If so, you need to use the '--personality=' parm so each does not overwrite the others key definition settings.

tigerbeard:

--- Quote from: Pecan on May 10, 2022, 05:52:26 pm ---Are you switching back and forth between different versions of CB?

--- End quote ---
No, but I am running multiple Instances in parallel. They are all the same versions.

--- Quote from: Pecan on May 10, 2022, 05:52:26 pm ---If so, you need to use the '--personality=' parm so each does not overwrite the others key definition settings.

--- End quote ---
I think you mean as startup parameter. Would that lead to multiple config versions? 

Pecan:
Using mulltiple CB's with the same default startup parameters means each starts up with --personality=default. Thus, when closing CB each will overwrite the others .conf file.

Try running the other CBs with a '--personality=<ChooseSomeUniqueName>' and see if it solves your problem.

The personality being used is shown at far right in the status bar.

Remember to allow CB to write to it's .conf files or it won't save your changes when you close a running CB.

tigerbeard:

--- Quote from: Pecan on May 10, 2022, 06:25:18 pm ---Using mulltiple CB's with the same default startup parameters means each starts up with --personality=default. Thus, when closing CB each will overwrite the others .conf file.
Try running the other CBs with a '--personality=<ChooseSomeUniqueName>' and see if it solves your problem.

--- End quote ---
Currently all run with "default" indeed. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.

--- Quote from: Pecan on May 10, 2022, 06:25:18 pm ---Remember to allow CB to write to it's .conf files or it won't save your changes when you close a running CB.

--- End quote ---
The idea was exactly that (I rarely change the config), but it seems for keyboard short cuts, the read only config file was also ignored for reading on startup. I did not expect that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version