Author Topic: Less time going forward  (Read 3867 times)

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Less time going forward
« on: April 22, 2022, 01:43:04 am »
Due to how I have been treated from one very high up ancient C::B developer who is set in his ways and treats other devs (I am not the only one BTW) I have decided to step back from helping out on SF and on the forums. The straw that broke the camels back is that I have been singled out and had my access changed without any emails or reason or comments etc.
I will be ASSuming the other dev will be stepping forward and filling some of the gap....
There have been a number of devs who have left due to their treatment and is one of the reasons why there are not allot of C::B developers left.
Good luck to the devs who are left.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Less time going forward
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 11:49:33 am »
The straw that broke the camels back is that I have been singled out and had my access changed without any emails or reason or comments etc.
Sad to hear that.

Do you mean that your access has changed in the Sourceforge site?

I'm really don't know what happens, but you did a really good job and contribution here for C::B. For me, I just slowly review your contribution. But all your contribution are there.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 06:36:54 pm »
I also appreciate the work you've done here, especially in helping me with the Clangd_client project.

I hope you can weather this setback with some equanimity, remembering that developers are in no way perfect in their inter-personal relationships and sometimes make misstep on unintended toes. I've certainly been guilty on that account.

Maybe you can allow some time for this to settle downward a bit and continue the impressive contributions you've been making to make CB a better development system.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 12:36:45 am »
Really sorry to hear.
Thank you a lot for the support and tickets you made. We will have a lot work to conclude your beginning. Was really interested in your debugger projects...