Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

LLDB debugger low level interface investigation results

<< < (4/6) > >>

AndrewCot:
Update:
* Done - Add support for multiple line break points in a file
* Done - Wire up simple watches. Aka add to watch dialog only and update as you step / run the debugee
* Done - Enable break point and watchs to be persistent from the GDB/MI debugger plugin.
* Done - Get the call stack working correctly
* Done - Wire up starting the LLDB debugger exe when you start debugging. (commented out at the moment so I can see what is happening on a command prompt)
* Build issues Migrate/test on Linux
* WIP - Migrate/test on MacOS
* Use in anger to fix C::B issue(s) on MacOS. In other words use it in the real world.
* Add features required to make debugging better.
* Update ticket 1114 to add support for the CLANG compiler to detect debugger and add it as a debugger automatically. I have finally got the code building and the plugin loading on Mac. Next day or two I will see about configuring the plugin and testing it on the Mac.

AndrewCot:
Great news...
* DAP debugging working on Linux
* DAP debugging working on MacOS - see attachmentNow the not so great news. There are some issues on the Mac:
* The code to run the following does not work, so I need to manually run it and comment out the code:                  /usr/local/Cellar/llvm/14.0.6/bin/lldb-vscode -port 12345
* I have had C::B crash when doing some debuggingThe source code for the DLL and plugin is available from the following repo, but be aware that it is only for the hard core developers and WILL change and is NOT production quality or even beta quality:
    https://github.com/acotty/CB_Debugger_DAP_Plugin         
In the next few hours I will do a major update on the following repo to include all of the changes so you can use it to build C::B with the plugin:   https://github.com/acotty/CodeBlocks_Unofficial_Testing
BTW There is an issue with the main workspace I am using where I have specified the plugin depends on the DAP DLL, but the DAP DLL does not get built before the plugin so the plugin link fails.
Note: Working is used very very very loosely above.

BlueHazzard:
Great work!
Nice list of features you have there!

>The debugger is NOT able to debug itself
I am quite curios why this is so? What is the problem? Network port collision?

AndrewCot:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on July 03, 2022, 02:06:16 am --->The debugger is NOT able to debug itself
I am quite curios why this is so? What is the problem? Network port collision?

--- End quote ---
I have not got that far yet as it's part of the following dot point, but I will be giving it a go later today:

* Use in anger to fix C::B issue(s) on MacOS. In other words use it in the real world.Can you let me know where I put the info that it cannot debug itself or inferred this so I can correct it or try to correct it.

I will need to use two different network ports for the DAP debugger, one for the "master" C::B to use to debug the C::B debuggee and then another one for the C::B debuggee to debug a hello world app.

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---CODE::BLOCKS DAP DEBUGGER PLUGIN
Description

This GitHub repo contains the source code for a Code::Blocks DAP debugger plugin. The debugger is NOT able to debug itself and is a NOT viable replacement for the existing GDB plugin at this point in time.
--- End quote ---
in the read me. I was asking this, because an earlier version of codeblocks had the same problem. You could not debug codeblocks running gdb. I think this was because some fancy PID detection. But it was fixed some time....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version