Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

LLDB debugger low level interface investigation results

<< < (3/6) > >>

AndrewCot:
Thanks for the post as it will help.

I looked at your repo's a long time ago and seen it was a few years old and did not spend allot of time figuring out how it worked. I will have another look and spend time figuring it out.
I did not see that MSYS2 has the lldb-vscode as I downloaded the official release for it from the src git repo and started it. I will switch to the MSYS2 version.

AndrewCot:
Eran,

I have just successfully modified my local C::B for the following:a) Created a debugger_WXDAP.dll that is the dap dll and right now is in the same directory as the codeblocks.exe.
b) Created a new debugger plugin debugger_dap.dll that is wired in like the other debuggers (GDB and GDB/MI).
c) The changes worked enough and I have wired up enough so that when I run a program to debug it in the C::B GUI the connection through the debugger_WXDAP.dll works and I get debug output on the lldb-vscode.exe. I have only wired up the connection and the events only log to the debug log on the C:B gui.

There is still a huge amount of work to do and it will take a while to go from where I am to

If I find anything I will create issues and/or PR's against the github repo.

Thanks very much for your help and advice on the DAP and the DLL.

BlueHazzard:
Hi!
this looks really nice, great work.
Also thank you for sharing here in the forum!

AndrewCot:
I now have some rudimentary debugging on an exe in C::B working as follows:

* The exe is loaded via the DAP dll using the new DAP debugger plugin.
* The exe can be started and run with a breakpoint set on main() as default in the debugger plugin for the time being (I do not have any persistent breakpoint or watches etc)
* I can use step to the next line. I have wired up most of the other step features, but have not tested them.
* I can set one line break point in the file and then run to the break point. The DAP break point API works on a file basis with array of breakpoints for the file, which is different to the GDB/MI code I started with and as such I need to refactor the way the breakpoints are stored in the debugger plugin.
* I have the call stack partially working in that it shows data and some of it looks right, but some does not.
* I can stop debugging and start debugging again.Things not in the list above are not working. 

I will be working on the following in the order listed, unless I hit something or need a break on the work:
* Add support for multiple line break points in a file
* Wire up simple watches. Aka add to watch dialog only and update as you step / run the debugee
* Enable break point and watchs to be persistent from the GDB/MI debugger plugin.
* Get the call stack working correctly
* Wire up starting the LLDB debugger exe when you start debugging. (commented out at the moment so I can see what is happening on a command prompt)
* Migrate/test on Linux
* Migrate/test on MacOS
* Use in anger to fix C::B issue(s) on MacOS. In other words use it in the real world.
* Add features required to make debugging better.
* Update ticket 1114 to add support for the CLANG compiler to detect debugger and add it as a debugger automatically.

Pecan:
Wow!! It nice to see this happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version