Author Topic: C:B SF SVN - How to trace external reference to the external SF repo URL?  (Read 5509 times)

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
There is an issue with the src\plugins\contrib\cbMemoryView plugin that I want to fix eventually and submit a patch, but it's a CB external reference.
How do I find the URL for the SF external reference repo from the SF C::B repo? I can use google, but I think there should be a way of looking at the SF CB repo and finding it.
The issue is that the code displays a minimum of 32 bytes, which seems odd. The offending code is below:

Code
void MemoryPanel::UpdatePanel()
{
...code removed

for(size_t i = 0; i < 32; ++i)
    {
        memory << wxString::Format(wxT("%02x "),(unsigned int)(0xFF&i));
        ascii  << wxString::Format(wxT("%02x "),(unsigned int)(0xFF&i));
    }

...code removed that processes the memory data.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Maybe put some URL in the source code?

For cbMemoryView, I guess it is here: bluehazzard/cbMemoryView
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Since when is cbMemoryView a contrib plugin? I can not find in in the SF repo? Am i missing something?

Offline sodev

• Regular
SVN externals are defined in the property svn:externals. Sadly, this property can be attached to any directory of the repository, so you might need to check every directory that makes sense for this property.

I just examined the HEAD revision, i can find only two externals, FortranProject and PythonPlugins, both are defined at src/plugins/contrib. There seems to be no cbMemoryView.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
I added a bunch of plugins that I though would be usefull to my local build at the "src\plugin" directory level. Rookie mistake I know and as such I did not check against the SVN code.
I figured out I can use TortoiseSVN to find the SF repo URL by looking at the icons and when one does not look like the rest I can check out the properties.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
IIRC, doing an "svn update ." will update the repository and list the external repos during the update.

Edit: Fixed grammar/word choice

Tim S.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 06:05:13 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org