Author Topic: wxMDIChildFrame crash  (Read 39366 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 06:04:43 pm »
I'm also amazed, but not only at byo's work. I'm more amazed at how the Code::Blocks development is becoming more and more community-driven. i.e. frog-o is working on the tabbed interface, and byo's working on the plugin for a RAD who was also donated by someone in the community (upCase) !!
Indeed, we're working bottom-up. Two thumbs up, byo! :) And congratulations all :)
P.S. Should we rename this thread to "RAD Editor plugin"?

Offline frog-o

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 01:59:30 pm »
Here something i want to see.   I want to upload more of ower work in progress stuff in form of patches to a contrib dir so we are not recodeing someone else work.  For example, i would like to upload my work on wxnotebook that uses xrc to cvs so some one can help track down bug .  If someone want to convert it to say text base widgets creation so we can upload a wxnotebook editor to the main tree this would be welcome and a big beniffet.

DreadNot

wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 07:13:56 pm »
Whahoo!!!
Add me on to this for development! Me too, Me too, please!
Tell me what I can do!

DreadNot

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 08:03:49 pm »
Argh! So many works in progress that can't be uploaded! :(
But fear not, dreadnot :-P I think there's a possible solution:

We could create in CVS some new branches, _AND_ a contrib dir:

i.e. a "notebook" branch for non-MDI interface,
and a contrib dir in the "trunk" (main branch) for plugins, etc.

Yiannis, what do you think? Is it time to give frog-o and byo CVS access?

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 08:51:58 pm »
Yay, this project is going to grow... rapidly grow. An maybe all my dreams about free, powerfull, potrable and great IDE will come true :D

Huh, gotta finish my study project (of course will write it in C::B) and will do my best to support C::B with RAD tool :D.

Oh, by the way. In my opinion there are two reasons making C::B some kind of speccial:
Basing it on wxWidgets library (great,  commercially free and PORTABLE stuff) and
great plugin system - giving the community a chance to support this IDE with their work

Yep, this will be something HUGE

Thx for C::B  :D

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 10:00:28 am »
Yiannis, what do you think? Is it time to give frog-o and byo CVS access?

If byo is interested, we could give him a CVS directory to work in it.

frog-o 's case is somewhat different as he 's not developing a plugin, but rather working on the main code.
frog-o should provide patches when he 's ready. These patches will be reviewed and, if accepted, will be applied in CVS.

CVS-write access to the main code is earned, not given away.

It's like when you, Rick, wanted to join. You worked on your local CVS copy of C::B and provided patches which I reviewed and then applied in CVS. When I saw that we can work together, I happily granted you CVS-write access.
The same goes for frog-o and anyone else interested to join.

It's only different for plugin writers. They 're given CVS-write access to a specific folder to work on their plugin. This way they 'll attract more developers since the code will be in the main C::B repository instead of their hard drive, so many more eyes will get to look at it ;)

A note to frog-o:
I appreciate all the hard work you 're doing, but I think you 're trying to do too many things at once (notebook, xrc, etc). I believe it would be better to do one thing at a time. For example, work on converting MDI to notebook and when you 're done, send me a patch for it. Then continue with the next thing on your checklist (like xrc for main).
It's easier for you to debug your code this way and for me to review the patch...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline frog-o

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 06:54:53 pm »
thank you for the comment mandrav.   I do have the habbit of trying to do to much ate one time but this time i think it is diferent.  Could you please look at the new post on my Question on codeblock desine section. I don't want to take to much attion of of his tred talking about my project so I post there.
There alot of post you have not read or a least replyed to.
Please note i want to earn the respect anyway.  I Going over to my tread now and add even more info.
thank frog-o

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 08:53:23 pm »
Hello, my proposition for my CVS acces is as follows:
Currently my plugin is very unstable so it could be harmful to merge it with current repository. This could result in troubles with C::B dedevelopment and suggest for all people compiling C::B from CVS that this IDE is very unstable. But if anyne want source for my plugin (I've named it wxSmith :) ) I can share with all I have written already and it could be merged with cvs when first symptoms of stability will be seen :wink:
Hmm, maybe I just case too much  :wink:
What's Your opinion ?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 09:00:58 pm »
Currently my plugin is very unstable so it could be harmful to merge it with current repository.

Never mind that. I have created a plugins/contrib folder for third-party plugins. These are not distributed with C::B nor compiled by default (they have their own project file).
This means that whoever uses these plugins are essentially on their own, and support must be asked by the plugin's author. This allows for people interested on a particular third-party plugin, to take part in the development process. The essence of open source ;)
Of course, the contributed plugin will get its place in the bug report system and the author will be responsible for it.
When the plugin reaches a usable (and well-tested) state, it can be moved to the main C::B system and actually be a part of C::B distribution.

So, just ask for it :)

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2005, 02:37:35 pm »
In such case I have no reason to be against my CVS access :)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2005, 05:48:21 pm »
In such case I have no reason to be against my CVS access

Send me a zip of your files and your sourceforge.net account name.

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxMDIChildFrame crash
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2005, 08:46:23 am »
Sent yesterday. Hope You've got it already, Yannis :)