User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Code::Blocks future ?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Krice:

--- Quote from: mq77mwn3 on March 21, 2022, 05:11:31 am ---If CodeBlocks doesn't work for you then just use another IDE that works for you.
--- End quote ---

That option doesn't really mean you can't say something is not that great in Code::Blocks. I'm using both Visual Studio and Code::Blocks. How about that, didn't think that was possible. I find it curious that trying to discuss about open source development and the logic behind it always seem to result to comments like this: "try to fork it yourself" or "use another program". It's almost like a religion you can't approach by logic. I don't know about you, but I find it strange.

jordi:
I don't know the future of code::blocks because my crystal ball, to know the future, doesn't work.
All I know is that there are people that does code::blocks better each time they do a commit in the repository.
I only want to say "thank you very much"

stahta01:

--- Quote from: Krice on March 20, 2022, 10:38:55 am ---
--- Quote from: AndrewCot on March 20, 2022, 12:57:03 am ---You should grab the source and start helping out fixing things, but first
--- End quote ---

Let's figure out two main problems with this:

1. Open source projects like Code::Blocks already have a development team. Why should I or any random dude fix your problems and contribute to the development? This is your project. Why don't -you- fix those problems and add the missing features?

2. Most if not all (big) open source projects are quite messy and can be difficult to work on. So it's not just like you download the source and start programming. No, it's not that simple. You need to dive in deep to understand how it works, how it's built etc. even before you can improve it. Besides it's quite obvious that many of Code::Blocks users have our own projects which is the main focus for us. I'm working on 5 roguelike game projects and a pixel editor at the same time. I'm not whining anyone to help me with them.

--- End quote ---

Why should the Code::Blocks volunteers fix problems from users?

If the user, cannot at least make a good description of the problem in order to duplicate it, then it is a great waste of effort to work on the issue!

If the user seems to have not even read the wiki then it is likely a waste of time trying to help the user compared with fixing known problems.

Edit: I do not mean ignore the user; but, directing them to the wiki pages is likely the most useful non time wasting thing to do.

Tim S.

AndrewCot:
Check out the users previous posts over the years and see what you think.

benkenobi01:
I agree CB sucks, i quit this ide long time ago and i'm happy about it.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version