User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

JIT debugger

<< < (2/2)

everSome:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on July 30, 2022, 04:33:11 pm ---Hi, everSome,

Do you have the latest drmingw 0.9.5 working with the current SVN head of C::B?

See this post:

error alert message when using ThreadSearch Plugin

It looks like I have some problem with the latest version of drmingw.

--- End quote ---

I'll take a look at it. Note that I'm running in a strictly MSYS2 environment; so, I just picked it up via:
pacman -S --needed mingw-w64-ucrt-x86_64-drmingw
as ucrt-x86 is the tool chain I'm currently using. Had to make some .cbp changes to derefernce much of what's in the exchndl directory.  I did notice an off hand comment in Dr Ming stating that he'd seen seen some problems with some windows tool chains not emitting a frame pointer in stack frames. Didn't mention which tool chains though. For safety I just throw in a
-fno-omit-frame-pointer
compiler flag for all wxWidgets and CodeBlocks builds. gcc and g++ take the option without complaining, but I don't know if it's really needed.

Update: gcc documentation says "Most optimizations are completely disabled at -O0 or if an -O level is not set on the command line ..." Note that, as -fomit-frame-pointer is listed as being turned on by -O, -O1, or -Og, usage of these options or -O2 or -O3 as well seems to require the inclusion of the -fno-omit-frame-pointer for Dr Mingw to work when one compiles with gcc.

ollydbg:
Hi, everSome, the issue is already identified and fixed, I'm just waiting for the fix to arrive in the drmingw's git.

See this ticket:
ExcHndl.dll can't print the crash call stack under Windows 7

ollydbg:
Hi, everSome, the drmingw 0.9.7 is released, see here:

Release 0.9.7 jrfonseca/drmingw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version