Author Topic: Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 3215 times)

Offline huycan

• Multiple posting newcomer
Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: January 28, 2022, 05:44:11 am »
Where do CB stored the customized Keyboard Shortcuts? Each time there's a nightly build coming out, I have to go to Editor Settings to add my own customizaton...

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 06:50:28 am »
The keybinder config file is in the %APPDATA%\codeblocks or ~/.config/codeblocks directory (windows or linux/mac). The file you are after is <personality>.cbKeybinder20.conf where for normal users <personality> is default.
Can you make the customized Keyboard Shortcuts changes and then make a copy of the <personality>.cbKeybinder20.conf file in the same directory and then update to another nightly and if the shortcuts have been removed can you raise a SF Codeblocks ticket (see  https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1427.0.html for info) and include the two config files along with with some of the custom keys you have added so that when someone looks at the bug ticket they can reproduce the bug and check out the config files.
Unfortunately I don't have any time to investigate the issue until the end of next week.

Offline huycan

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:47:23 pm »
Ok... I know why the problem exists now...

I've been using basically version 12286 (Jan 1, 2021)... and testing out newly night builds when they coming out...

So, basically, when switching between 12286 and any version from 12596 (Dec 20, 2021) onward, the keybinder20.conf will reset to initial default... But, switching from 12596 (Dec 20, 2021) onward and later versions after, the conf file will not be reset...

Why do I still use the old version 12286? Because, for my computer, all later versions will crash intermittently after saving all files or creating a new class, and I don't know why it only happens to me (obviously, since no one else reported). Right now, I am still trying out the latest version 12672...

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 02:47:22 am »
Ok... I know why the problem exists now...

I've been using basically version 12286 (Jan 1, 2021)... and testing out newly night builds when they coming out...

So, basically, when switching between 12286 and any version from 12596 (Dec 20, 2021) onward, the keybinder20.conf will reset to initial default... But, switching from 12596 (Dec 20, 2021) onward and later versions after, the conf file will not be reset...

Why do I still use the old version 12286? Because, for my computer, all later versions will crash intermittently after saving all files or creating a new class, and I don't know why it only happens to me (obviously, since no one else reported). Right now, I am still trying out the latest version 12672...

For each version of CB you could use a different personality (the --personality parameter) so that KeyBinder won't over-write the default.

I use a separate "/p personality" for each CB, eg., /p cbNightly, /p cbWx315, /p cbWx30, etc. This is easy if you'll start cb with a .bat or .sh

Offline huycan

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 05:02:54 am »
Yea... I am going to do that... thanks...